Cruise Critic Community
hikerfromchwk

Jewel's route by Kauai in Oct. ?

I am booked on the Jewel leaving Vanc Oct. 21st for 11 night cruise to Hawaii.  Question is what is the route around Kauai ?  We arrive at 8 am and leave next morning at 6am but then don't arrive at Honolulu until 7am the next day.  Seems like a long time to go a short distance unless I'm reading it wrong.  I called NCL and they cannot answer me. Thanks

Hi Hiker

we are on the same cruise, and that last day is a puzzlement for sure.   Even a cruise all around Kauai, seeing the Napali coast and even Ni’ihau will only take a few or several hours, and, then what?     Donuts?    By the way,  are you from Chilliwack?

34 days ! Can't  wait! Yeah I agree, seems strange. On the Pride of America, they arrive in Nawilliwilli on a Thursday at 8 am and then depart at 2pm on Friday then have a cruise around the Napili coast before heading to Honolulu to disembark on Saturday.

Not sure what is going on but I know that the POA departs there at 1400 on day two and goes around to the far side of the island before heading back to Honolulu. I can understand leaving at early am when they are sailing to Tahiti but not to go back to Honolulu. I also know the POA travels at a snails pace compared to most of the other ships I have been on. 

It would appear that the timetable for this cruise was copied and pasted from there regular itinerary.

Edited by bonvoyagie

I just looked at next year's version of this itinerary and the stops are in a different order but they overnight in Nawilliwilli like we do and depart at 2pm the next day and go to Maui (sailing right past Honolulu). Leaving at 6am on an overnight port does seems cruel , maybe it should have been 6pm?

Thanks for all your info - I'm hoping it leaves later in the afternoon on the 31st.

I'm not sure how to sign up for the meet & greet so if someone can let me know when & where ?

9 hours ago, hikerfromchwk said:

Thanks for all your info - I'm hoping it leaves later in the afternoon on the 31st.

I'm not sure how to sign up for the meet & greet so if someone can let me know when & where ?

There is a roll call for this sailing. I think a link to the meet and greet sign up is around post 76 or so on the roll call. 

Does anyone know how many cruise docks are in Nawilliwilli? I have seen that POA is in port at 8am on the 31 maybe they can only accommodate one ship?

4 hours ago, MsEveL said:

Does anyone know how many cruise docks are in Nawilliwilli? I have seen that POA is in port at 8am on the 31 maybe they can only accommodate one ship?

when we were there in 06 there was only one dock and the harbor is very tight - so that could be the reason for the early departure. At night they could just go and sit somewhere until they need to head for Honolulu.