Princess Transfers to ANC from Whittier vs. ACT bus

new2cruise

In 2015 we used ACT transfers, the price was very reasonable especially if you can book before the season.   It was less than the Princess transfer. I thought it was well organized...you picked up your luggage, look for the ACT signs, and a staff member would direct you to your assigned bus.  I think we were on the way by 8:45 am or so.   Whittier departures are directed by the tunnel entrance times, as it is one way, so the traffic pattern alternates.  If this is for next season, sign up on their website for coupons, they start to come out in January.  The bus was a full coach and very comfortable. 

We used Anchorage Tours and Transfers to go to Whittier this past summer and really enjoyed it.  We were the first pick up and the driver met us at the hotel at 9:30 AM.  We also got an email that morning with a link that could be used to see where the driver was while they were enroute.  We took the half day tour that made a couple of photo stops along Turnagain Arm and a longer visit to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center which was wonderful.  We were transported in a mini bus and it was pulling a trailer with plenty of room for luggage.  There were also overhead racks that were large enough to hold carry on luggage.  We used a discount code on their website and paid just under $51 per person and that included entry to the wildlife park.  I highly recommend them!  https://www.akcruiseshuttle.com/

Edited to add:  Although we took the bus in the reverse direction, I've provided the schedule for Whittier pick ups below:

image.png.f67369931b376733ecd414e619ae2bb4.png

Edited by azbirdmom

It has been two years (how time flies!!), but I was very happy with our transfer through Princess.  The bus was waiting for us once we cleared customs/immigration.  The drive was long but pleasant.  Once we got to Anchorage, the bus made a stop at the airport for those who had an early flight, and then delivered the rest of us to the Hospitality Center in downtown Anchorage. 

Princess had a carry-on baggage check at the Hospitality Center, so we could leave our carry-on items there while we explored/toured.  If I remember correctly, there were shuttles to the airport every 30 minutes or so.  There were free downtown shuttles and free shuttles to the Ulla Factory as well.