Roatan Accessible Excursion with Victor Bodden

nextcruiseis

I have taken a tour with Victor Bodden and really enjoyed his monkey area and watching others do the zip line. I would not have zip lined when I was able bodied. I can't answer your question about tiedowns/anchors as I transferred to a seat and my scooter went in the back. Have fun. I liked Roatan.

You may find that they allow Victor's vehicle into the port. I went to the shore excursion desk and told them how sad it made me that I might not be able to leave the port area without the vehicle being able to enter. I did not threaten or yell, just described my problem while seated on my scooter. The young man I spoke with said he would see what could be done. He called back and it was arranged. My DH had to walk out of the port and meet the driver and they came back and got me. I was surprised. We both got delivered back to the dock at the end of the tour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 3:48 PM, katisdale said:

You may find that they allow Victor's vehicle into the port. I went to the shore excursion desk and told them how sad it made me that I might not be able to leave the port area without the vehicle being able to enter. I did not threaten or yell, just described my problem while seated on my scooter. The young man I spoke with said he would see what could be done. He called back and it was arranged. My DH had to walk out of the port and meet the driver and they came back and got me. I was surprised. We both got delivered back to the dock at the end of the tour.

That is great that they were able to do that for you. My husband could not make it up the slope from the ship to the shoppong area at Mahogany Bay, so I took our private tour with just our 11yo and he rested then went back to the ship. 

Once I did the walk out to the vans, there is no way he could have walked that far.

Some people take a taxi to the gate.

The other option is one person makes the hike, and once in the van they might allow them back in with the passenger, but I won't make the guarantee. Since Carnival Corp runs Mahogany Bay, they only allow their tours in. I guess other ports are like that as well, but its only really noticeable there due to the gate location.