Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

The WiFi on the Horizon has been pretty good so far... Much better than Norwegians, which costs about twice as much. They even have these doo dads on the wall in the hallway to improve reception throughout the ship...

IMG_20190923_112813.jpg

I'm not a tech person, but that's not just a door swipey thingy?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I'm not a tech person, but that's not just a door swipey thingy?

No, the thing that opens the door is actually on the door, and much smaller... That doo dad is called a repeater if my terminology is correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been following this review since you started on Day 1.  This is my first "Sid" review and I love it!  I am looking forward to being on Horizon in January.  I went back and read your Vista review as well.  I had to take my break from work  to check up on what you were doing today!  I'll check back in this evening...….

• Like 1

Just now, mlshum said:

I've been following this review since you started on Day 1.  This is my first "Sid" review and I love it!  I am looking forward to being on Horizon in January.  I went back and read your Vista review as well.  I had to take my break from work  to check up on what you were doing today!  I'll check back in this evening...….

Welcome to the party, milshum...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Von & John said:

Wow - that is totally crazy.  Did they eventually open additional entry points?

There are two entry points, but only one metal detector and x-ray at each... Whomevers idea it was to only have one x-ray at the entry point is a moron...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

No, the thing that opens the door is actually on the door, and much smaller... That doo dad is called a repeater if my terminology is correct.

No, it's an access point that broadcasts the network's SSID, using the 802.11 protocol and WPA authentication.  (Oops, my geek side is showing. :classic_blush:)  In layman's terms, it lets smartphones and laptops connect to CarnivalWiFi (or whatever the network is called), so they can use the FunHub app and/or browse the internet.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

There are two entry points, but only one metal detector and x-ray at each... Whomevers idea it was to only have one x-ray at the entry point is a moron...

Does seem ridiculous or as my mother used to say (when she really got upset)...

”This is ASININE”

I can hear it so clearly in my head - but loses a little vehemence when written...

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

No, it's an access point that broadcasts the network's SSID, using the 802.11 protocol and WPA authentication.  (Oops, my geek side is showing. :classic_blush:)  In layman's terms, it lets smartphones and laptops connect to CarnivalWiFi (or whatever the network is called), so they can use the FunHub app and/or browse the internet.

I stand corrected... It's what he said...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

They have a huge jug of infused vodka at the pig and anchor bar... It has asparagus, onions, garlic, olives, jalapeno, and carrots... They use it in their bloody Mary's... I asked Lana if I could try a little bit...

IMG_20190923_135319.thumb.jpg.1e8955c7d8d5624281f7f0f535462445.jpg

IMG_20190923_135327.jpg

Well... That’s a “little”

How was it?

• Like 1

Now, this is a cool live ship review.

BTW, I bought some DETOX and FlyBy from Amazon.  Tested both out this weekend.  I'm thinking they're both the same thing.  They both work pretty well, too.  I like them better than anything else I've tried so far.

Packing them for the Breakaway trip next week.

Thanks for the heads up.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It was free, I just wanted to see what it tastes like... It was actually pretty good. Probably makes a great bloody Mary. I'll have to try one...

Please report if you do.  Have been following along wishing it was "my turn".  Enjoy your vacation!  

• Like 1