Jump to content

Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

And, we've now reached the very end of the Chef's Table experience... There was one more dish... They call it Mignardises... Like I said, a bit pretentious... Burnt custard tart, almond chocolate, caramel raspberry licorice, and elderflower caviar...

 

IMG_20190924_212234.jpg

 

 

i thought this was a glass skull.

☠️

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what it is about cruising that makes people so demanding and entitled... I was eating up at the buffet just now, and these two old ladies were just demanding and berating this poor girl almost to the point of tears... She was like "I want a hot coffee, very strong. A glass of hot water. Some apple juice, and some creamer, very cold" keep in mind, this is the buffet, not the dining room. Not that you should treat anyone like that in the dining room either...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I don't know what it is about cruising that makes people so demanding and entitled... I was eating up at the buffet just now, and these two old ladies were just demanding and berating this poor girl almost to the point of tears... She was like "I want a hot coffee, very strong. A glass of hot water. Some apple juice, and some creamer, very cold" keep in mind, this is the buffet, not the dining room. Not that you should treat anyone like that in the dining room either...

I suspect those people are like that even when not cruising.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the play by play!  Thanks for doing this. Hope you meet some fun people and have so much excitement you forget to update us over here at least one night!   Speaking of which, I would love to know if the dancing at the Havana Bar at night is at hot as it was a few yrs ago when I was on the Vista.

 

Hey, If you have time to look at the schedule for me I would love to know what time yoga class is.  I can't wait for my cruise next week on the Horizon, though I have an entirely different set of ports  (Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Cayman).  

 

Have such a great day! ✌️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I wonder why they police the bacon so carefully, but everything else is just a free for all?

John Heald said at the time (when they introduced the bacon police), bacon was far and away the most wasted item on the buffet. I have no idea if that's true, but it was the rationale.

 

I'm doing the Chef's Table on the Ecstasy in November, and now I'm hungry!

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

I suspect those people are like that even when not cruising.

Must belong to that “new Carnival demographic” which upsets so many loyalty members on another thread. I’m guessing they maybe were loyalty members. Lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to tell where people are from oftentimes on the ship... They wear t-shirts from their hometown, wherever that may be... And, then you have the people from Canada. They will just walk right up to you, and say "hey, we're from Canada, eh"...

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I just now happened across the aft smoking area. It's easy to find. Just listen for the coughing...

I am cruising with my mom and Aunt on the Dream in January....both smokers.  Found a room about 10 feet from the smoking area.  I suspect I will be spending  a lot of time by myself 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've come to the conclusion that I've brought wayyy to much clothing with me this time... I normally do an eight day cruise with just a carry on bag and my small backpack. This time, I checked a bag because I'm bringing back some liquor for the guys at work... The only thing I didn't consider was, that the bag was nearly full when I brought it. Now, I have to try and squeeze in two bottles of Hennessy. I may very well just abandon the clothes I wore yesterday to Sanoa Island... They're probably tainted for life by the stinky life vest...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've come to the conclusion that I've brought wayyy to much clothing with me this time... I normally do an eight day cruise with just a carry on bag and my small backpack. This time, I checked a bag because I'm bringing back some liquor for the guys at work... The only thing I didn't consider was, that the bag was nearly full when I brought it. Now, I have to try and squeeze in two bottles of Hennessy. I may very well just abandon the clothes I wore yesterday to Sanoa Island... They're probably tainted for life by the stinky life vest...

Excellent plan!  Ditch the tainted clothes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've come to the conclusion that I've brought wayyy to much clothing with me this time... I normally do an eight day cruise with just a carry on bag and my small backpack. This time, I checked a bag because I'm bringing back some liquor for the guys at work... The only thing I didn't consider was, that the bag was nearly full when I brought it. Now, I have to try and squeeze in two bottles of Hennessy. I may very well just abandon the clothes I wore yesterday to Sanoa Island... They're probably tainted for life by the stinky life vest...

Or you can buy a backpack in the store to get the extra stuff home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...