Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I don't know what it is about cruising that makes people so demanding and entitled... I was eating up at the buffet just now, and these two old ladies were just demanding and berating this poor girl almost to the point of tears... She was like "I want a hot coffee, very strong. A glass of hot water. Some apple juice, and some creamer, very cold" keep in mind, this is the buffet, not the dining room. Not that you should treat anyone like that in the dining room either...

I suspect those people are like that even when not cruising.

• Like 6

Loving the play by play!  Thanks for doing this. Hope you meet some fun people and have so much excitement you forget to update us over here at least one night!   Speaking of which, I would love to know if the dancing at the Havana Bar at night is at hot as it was a few yrs ago when I was on the Vista.

Hey, If you have time to look at the schedule for me I would love to know what time yoga class is.  I can't wait for my cruise next week on the Horizon, though I have an entirely different set of ports  (Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Cayman).  

Have such a great day! ✌️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I wonder why they police the bacon so carefully, but everything else is just a free for all?

John Heald said at the time (when they introduced the bacon police), bacon was far and away the most wasted item on the buffet. I have no idea if that's true, but it was the rationale.

I'm doing the Chef's Table on the Ecstasy in November, and now I'm hungry!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

I suspect those people are like that even when not cruising.

Must belong to that “new Carnival demographic” which upsets so many loyalty members on another thread. I’m guessing they maybe were loyalty members. Lol 

• Like 1

It's easy to tell where people are from oftentimes on the ship... They wear t-shirts from their hometown, wherever that may be... And, then you have the people from Canada. They will just walk right up to you, and say "hey, we're from Canada, eh"...

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I just now happened across the aft smoking area. It's easy to find. Just listen for the coughing...

I am cruising with my mom and Aunt on the Dream in January....both smokers.  Found a room about 10 feet from the smoking area.  I suspect I will be spending  a lot of time by myself 🙂 

• Like 1

I've come to the conclusion that I've brought wayyy to much clothing with me this time... I normally do an eight day cruise with just a carry on bag and my small backpack. This time, I checked a bag because I'm bringing back some liquor for the guys at work... The only thing I didn't consider was, that the bag was nearly full when I brought it. Now, I have to try and squeeze in two bottles of Hennessy. I may very well just abandon the clothes I wore yesterday to Sanoa Island... They're probably tainted for life by the stinky life vest...

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've come to the conclusion that I've brought wayyy to much clothing with me this time... I normally do an eight day cruise with just a carry on bag and my small backpack. This time, I checked a bag because I'm bringing back some liquor for the guys at work... The only thing I didn't consider was, that the bag was nearly full when I brought it. Now, I have to try and squeeze in two bottles of Hennessy. I may very well just abandon the clothes I wore yesterday to Sanoa Island... They're probably tainted for life by the stinky life vest...

Excellent plan!  Ditch the tainted clothes. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Or you can buy a backpack in the store to get the extra stuff home. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cathyz said:

Thanks, Sid, for the great review and pics!!  How have the crowds been, some say this ship class can be crowded?  Happy birthday!

Doesn't seem crowded at all, although I haven't tried to go to the buffet in the middle of lunch yet...

• Like 2