Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

IMG_20190926_122144.thumb.jpg.5c781adb9cd0606dbb0ad412e660f28f.jpg

Since I had such a late start today, I decided to just head on out without even taking a shower... Good thing, I guess, as it was a hot and sweaty day out again today. I walked off the ship right about noon, and my plan was to walk to the local bus station and catch the local bus to Eagle Beach. I exited the port, and a guy asked if I needed a ride, and I said that I was just going to the bus station. He explained that I would have to wait until it filled up, and he would take me for $5... I decided to just do it, since I was running so late already. We headed North, and about ten or twelve minutes later, he dropped me off at the Southernmost end of Eagle Beach.

I took off my shoes so they wouldn't get sand in them, and placed them in the plastic bag that I'd brought with me. I hate the feeling of sand in my shoes, and thought I had a pretty solid plan... Here's a few pictures of the beach and beautiful blue water.

IMG_20190926_121947.thumb.jpg.4d1c227fd1a8b8a57d07b1d3a3ad3a78.jpg

IMG_20190926_121959.thumb.jpg.dc9210d759dfeb6b45c6b25fa333ae1f.jpg

Hate "butting in" right in the middle of your review and pictures of Aruba, but I've been on CC for a very long time and somehow have missed you!  I have been sitting here all afternoon reading this review from the first word.  I am still LMAO about the life vests from the various "wars."  Happy Birthday on the happy island of Aruba.  Tell me how I can read your other reviews please! Thanks for taking us along on your journey and hope you have a great year #50! CHEERS!

I just kept walking and snapping away with my camera (phone) ... I just hoped that I wouldn't drop my expensive phone in the sand... There was a place that I wanted to get some lunch, but you couldn't really see the buildings past the trees at the top of the beach. All the buildings are on the opposite side of the road from the beach, but I knew that it was close to the North end of Eagle Beach. I felt bad about my miserable failure in Curacao yesterday, and by gum, I was going to eat some good food in Aruba today heck or high water...

5 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Hate "butting in" right in the middle of your review and pictures of Aruba, but I've been on CC for a very long time and somehow have missed you!  I have been sitting here all afternoon reading this review from the first word.  I am still LMAO about the life vests from the various "wars."  Happy Birthday on the happy island of Aruba.  Tell me how I can read your other reviews please! Thanks for taking us along on your journey and hope you have a great year #50! CHEERS!

Thanks for reading. You should be able to find my previous reviews somewhere on my CC homepage. I believe there is a place to see current replies, and a place to click on "topics" and that should take you to all of them.

8 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Click his name, then activity , then topics.

Happy 50th!!!  Hope you were successful in your food search on Aruba!  I hope those Alchemy bartenders invent some killer (not literally;-) ) tequila drinks for you tonight for your BD!!

Thanks for sharing the cruise with us, it brightens up the work day! (yeah, yeah, I should wait until I get home..........)

IMG_20190926_123246.thumb.jpg.319707d0d4106b0d070187738c5b8026.jpg

I came across this pelican, and he didn't seem to be bothered by my presence at all... I was about three feet from him when I took this picture. I could have gotten closer, but I didn't know if he might attack me.

IMG_20190926_124559.thumb.jpg.c1c48b70a70bae9514d725285615cc05.jpg

IMG_20190926_124805.thumb.jpg.90863a073d2adedebf87571594c8ff4f.jpg

Then I came across another pelican. Same thing, he just stood there... I tell ya, they're some pretty brave birds... Or, maybe they're not scared cause they could peck someone's eye out or something...

IMG_20190926_124637.jpg

IMG_20190926_130030.thumb.jpg.7a76b8da378db6f13ee4336ff04739c3.jpg

I had made it all the way up to the end of the beach... It was just a matter of crossing the road in order to make it over to the restaurant... Of course, the road was really hot. And, then there were some rocks that I had to walk over, and they really hurt my feet.

IMG_20190926_130014.jpg

I wanted to put my shoes back on, but of course they were covered in sand... I found some shade, and I pulled out a bunch of handy wipes, and tried to get all the sand off... It really wasn't going so well. I finally just decided to go ahead and put them on. There was no way possible that I was going to make it on that hot asphalt.

So, now I'm at least wearing shoes, and I began my quest to find the restaurant. I walked, and walked, and I soon came across the place where I thought it would be. I saw a sign that looked like the logo from the research I had done on TripAdvisor.

IMG_20190926_130953.thumb.jpg.1948a80782f8aa4a5848549bf24d0892.jpg

IMG_20190926_130940.jpg

I've been experiencing a lot of failed uploads lately, and it's starting to get frustrating. I'm going to stop for awhile, and try again later... I have a reservation coming up soon at Cucina del Capitano...

Currently at Alchemy Bar, and Annamaria whipped me up a regular old margarita for my birthday...

IMG_20190926_171619.jpg

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, that's officially the most birthday wishes I've ever received in my life! (Cumulatively...) Thanks again to you all! I'm back from my day in Aruba, and I'll try to continue soon. I need some water first...

Sid - I believe you have beat your fake birthday 🙂