Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

Looks like I need to get caught up on this as I missed it while it was live. 😀The day after you boarded I was disembarking from the beautiful Harmony of the seas. 

I used Flyby on my Harmony cruise. 😀

Edited by MrFunInTheSun
4 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Looks like I need to get caught up on this as I missed it while it was live. 😀The day after you boarded I was disembarking from the beautiful Harmony of the seas. 

I used Flyby on my Harmony cruise. 😀

Thanks for making it over here, MrFunInTheSun... Hopefully this'll keep you busy for a couple of days...

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Thanks for making it over here, MrFunInTheSun... Hopefully this'll keep you busy for a couple of days...

Yeah, I've still got the post cruise blues from my cruise and live report. But good news is Oasis of the seas is less than two months away. 🙂

Sorry that this ended up taking so long... I will now publish the "better late than never" thank you list for the Horizon cruise that we all just experienced together... When I got back home, real life hit me right in the face, so to say, and there were a record number of names to try and keep up with... This is just a little personal "Thank You" that has become a tradition, and I'm a sucker for tradition... If I messed up any of your usernames, please forgive me. So, without further adieu, the list is as follows (In order of first appearance...) 

OddJob, bnbeyer, TravelGirlinDallas, MzShae, deedle7544, LandlockedCruiser01, hard_eight, MEUB1112, bontx33, jbethel11, glrounds, csj092809, jbhw, Jamman54, Slainte57, VentureMan_2000,
SenatorsFan, Jerseygirl1416, Saint Greg, sandyzag, pebbles1102, PhillyFan33579, HeyJut, JandPB, BigNance, cml4958, JennVT, OceanBlueWaters, 2bthere, Greenpea2, 4ptjo, DebOinKC, Cairns
Cruisers, MeganGC1983, g-cindy, mlshum, Webecruzen, Nclgetawaymenhoney, Etta1213, ceilidh1, cruiser147147, grima625, lazydayz, Cruisercl, BohJang, 4hunters, purpleally, EllaDuChien, mkcurran, kpark895, Lem_On_Ade, WaywardBlue, pinkylucky61, mikayla73, peteandpris, CruzinKristin, Milly1966, DubNHub, gmbhardy, mommio, nccruzencouple, ashirene225, Cafedumonde, jimbri, kackles, JinxyB, Mutumbojimbo, JohnSpo, zencruisers, reeinaz, watermelonqueen99, beshears, pcrum, soccersharon, pohlerbear, CRUISERMOMX3, khewston, SkipsMom, BeachDiva101, Eli6, 30palms,
Amadawn1, onlyano, adam3313, Hogladyrider, IrishComet, grandmarnurse, missholly24, firstimecruiseronncl, Von & John, mopedmom1, Daliaha, Butterbean1000, meatloafsfan, DeanDeeDee, rn4t5, beachbum6264, bina, wardamnweagle, crewsweeper, AHS123, ishap, All-ready2cruise, Tmommy4, graphicguy, devinc, kctraveling, Snick500, tkportersat, katstoy, Bases5, lennythenose, cincicruisers, fyree39, cathyz, HastaLaVistaBaby, RenoNanaOz, lasvegascruising, vicky3vicky, thesmiths, indygirl76, 2wheelin, starfish the second, figmentfreak, wesorbeth, James4me, cruisin*tigger, luvcruzing, jjjhill, emdia43, aztekpm, emm126, lulia, Living_life2019, Loodlow, Just Jo, MimiRN, cruisemein, VitaminSea23, Ultimate Suntan, cruisingal1981, samarcosman,
mjcruiser, marci4toni, tomtom5555, Cruisin Karen, retiring soon, AmyJA, bluesman0711, pretty princess, Cruiser Gub, aknguyen, mcgore83, CelticMCO, carib1, hladygirl, Jim and Monika, CazV, ober134, zippyjet, Lanz, candigirl41, #55worktoplay, PDRobertson, meatball_nyc, Smileonboard, fabuloso, PJDH4, cruise4family, Fire6, 1stTIMECRUZER, Anyislandwilldo, taraavo, THL1313,
mom2tedx2, ROXY GIRL, christydore, Beachiekeen, Houst, VictorWI, CruisinMama2003, Hooked!, bonstersd, darth frosty, matt082600, SailingRNC, CallistaSkye, deliteu, and MrFunInTheSun...

Thank you all so much again, and I hope to have you all "sail with me" again starting on or about Thanksgiving, on the brand new Norwegian Encore...

Edited by sid_9169

Sid...

This review has over 1,500 replies and over 117,000 views. I’ll join my fellow posters when I say that WE owe YOU a giant THANK YOU!

I’m about 60 pages in on the ATL thread.... and like many here, I feel a connection with you. You are unselfish with your thoughts and your time, and you really welcome the reader into your life... good, bad, or ugly. I would not be that brave! Your writing style is so enthralling.... I have no social media, and I’m generally a patient person... but I found myself constantly checking this review to see your latest thoughts, beverages, and clothing choices! 

I hope that in the middle of providing a play by play of your vacation, that you actually enjoyed your vacation and that our presence and questions etc did not disrupt your cruise. You allowed us on your vacation, on your dime, and on your time... and we appreciate you! 

30 minutes ago, blarko said:

Sid, you said a prize goes to anyone you’ve duplicated....what about anyone you’ve missed 🖐 ?  😂😂😂

After all the careful page by page scouring of the entire 62 pages, I ended up leaving you out?... That is total BS, and I owe you a personal "thank you" for being part of the Ay Tee El thread for so long... You have always been one of the All Star frequent posters, and I must've just overlooked it because I see it so often... Will you ever be able to forgive me?...

29 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

After all the careful page by page scouring of the entire 62 pages, I ended up leaving you out?... That is total BS, and I owe you a personal "thank you" for being part of the Ay Tee El thread for so long... You have always been one of the All Star frequent posters, and I must've just overlooked it because I see it so often... Will you ever be able to forgive me?...

I’ll think about it.........

@sid_9169 I love the name dropping list. Amazing. I also have to thank you for FlyBy. I travel for work frequently and there is always “entertaining”. FlyBy helped me survive 5 days at a conference in Cancun last week.

Also have you ever had reposado with a slice of pineapple instead of lime? One of the bartenders turned us on to it - outstanding. 

1 minute ago, ashirene225 said:

@sid_9169 I love the name dropping list. Amazing. I also have to thank you for FlyBy. I travel for work frequently and there is always “entertaining”. FlyBy helped me survive 5 days at a conference in Cancun last week.

Also have you ever had reposado with a slice of pineapple instead of lime? One of the bartenders turned us on to it - outstanding. 

I'm starting to think that the company Fly-by owes me some royalties at this point... I've never tried tequila with pineapple, but it sounds good:)

I hesitate to post anything here, but I am the type prone to always saying Thank You, so . . .

I greatly appreciated the information provided pre/during/post Carnival Horizon, as it might be very beneficial on a future sailing (of a ship I've never been on).

We were on two different ships this time during that week, and it made for another interesting read.  Best wishes, and Bon Voyage, on the upcoming one as well.

I may be 76 years old, but  I LOVE pastel colors. 🙂 With all the pictures of the different buildings next to each other, with pastel colors, this I like! 🙂 I have been out of town a couple times, and am just "trying" to catch up with your review, and getting "ideas" of what the 8 of us might do on the Horizon in March. 🙂

A belated Happy Birthday to you.  I have 3 grown sons, so I am a "Mother Hubbard," when it comes to boys! 🙂 You go by the name of Sid?  Does that stand for Sidney?  The reason I ask this, my brother's name was Sidney.

<StandsUpPushesChairBackandStretches>

I was the first, I'll be the last ...

(sorry Cheap Trick)

Thanks for the review.  It caused me to go over to the the Ay Tee El.  I'm currently on pg 46.  How do I keep track of which page I'm on?  I write it down on a post-it note which is on my monitor.  lol

2 hours ago, beshears said:

A belated Happy Birthday to you.  I have 3 grown sons, so I am a "Mother Hubbard," when it comes to boys! 🙂 You go by the name of Sid?  Does that stand for Sidney?  The reason I ask this, my brother's name was Sidney.

Sidney is my middle name, but I've gone by Sid all my life... They call me James on the ship because that's what it says on my cruise card...

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

<StandsUpPushesChairBackandStretches>

I was the first, I'll be the last ...

(sorry Cheap Trick)

Thanks for the review.  It caused me to go over to the the Ay Tee El.  I'm currently on pg 46.  How do I keep track of which page I'm on?  I write it down on a post-it note which is on my monitor.  lol

I make notes to myself on Post it's and keep them in my pocket...

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

It caused me to go over to the the Ay Tee El.  I'm currently on pg 46.  How do I keep track of which page I'm on?  I write it down on a post-it note which is on my monitor.  lol

Not sure what browser you're using, but in Firefox, once you've signed in to Cruise Critic, simply go to the main page on the Carnival board and click on the blue dot to the left of the thread and that will take you to your first unread post in the thread.

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer
30 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Not sure what browser you're using, but in Firefox, once you've signed in to Cruise Critic, simply go to the main page on the Carnival board and click on the blue dot to the left of the thread and that will take you to your first unread post in the thread.

Garnett

O  M  G  !!!!!

I've been looking for a trick like this since they changed the site last year! THANK YOU N7786W Flyer!