Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
sid_9169

Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

Recommended Posts

I'm through security, and at my gate notoriously early... I've switched out my Marta breeze card for my Miami easy pass...

 

When I first got on the train, there was a guy coughing and sneezing as if he was about to die... Of course, I got off at the next stop and switched trains. I'm debating on whether to buy a fifty dollar bottle of water here at the airport. I suppose that I do need to hydrate, so I probably will...

 

IMG_20190920_104627.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Five people beat me to the boarding group 1 line... This is a record, as the only other time ever, there was this one guy...

 

On a side note: as the plane was disembarking, a guy who apparently forgot his bag started running backwards towards the plane tunnel. The gate attendant stopped him, and asked what he was doing. She said "you just came about two feet from going to jail just now"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Five people beat me to the boarding group 1 line... This is a record, as the only other time ever, there was this one guy...

 

 

Noooooo

I was holding out for the prize spot picture! Kick those others out of the way. You have a reputation to maintain here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is as close to an airplane selfie as you're ever going to get... Unless someone is willing to donate $500, that is...

 

 

IMG_20190920_113333.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look forward to following you on all of your side trips at the ports and seeing Horizon from your view.  Have a nice flight and enjoy your cruise on the Horizon.   Thanks for allowing us to all tag along on your cruise.😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have to say what everyone is thinking----Watch out world Sid is on the move!!

there, got it out of my system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a safe flight and enjoy Miami!  I am so happy you are cruising this week.  It will help get me through the week as I prepare for our 9/29 Miracle Panama Canal cruise (doing the single digit dance today). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty new to this site so I'm not kicking myself too hard for not knowing about your "reviews" before now. But just reading through the first 5 pages made me go and look up your other reviews. I am really enjoying them. Everyone obviously can share their opinions and likes and dislikes but your cruise stories are entertaining and informative.

I'm also reading the Feb 2019 Breakaway review and have a notepad beside me to jot down notes on New Orleans since I'll be visiting for the first time in conjunction with my first cruise in December. I've already planned out my own booze and food walking tour but am still looking for more places.

 

Cheree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a safe and uneventful flight, I am on the ground in wet Miami... I retrieved my checked bag, which fortunately wasn't pilfered by the TSA this time, and I made my way to the Metrorail...

IMG_20190920_140627.thumb.jpg.522f22374de98567d75a7a1c02306219.jpg

 

In about a half hour I should be in downtown Miami / Brickell... Hopefully they'll allow me to go ahead and check into the hotel, and I can unburden myself of my bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I'm pretty new to this site so I'm not kicking myself too hard for not knowing about your "reviews" before now. But just reading through the first 5 pages made me go and look up your other reviews. I am really enjoying them. Everyone obviously can share their opinions and likes and dislikes but your cruise stories are entertaining and informative.

I'm also reading the Feb 2019 Breakaway review and have a notepad beside me to jot down notes on New Orleans since I'll be visiting for the first time in conjunction with my first cruise in December. I've already planned out my own booze and food walking tour but am still looking for more places.

 

Cheree

Wow, thanks for reading and following along, reeinaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

 

When I first got on the train, there was a guy coughing and sneezing as if he was about to die... Of course, I got off at the next stop and switched trains. I'm debating on whether to buy a fifty dollar bottle of water here at the airport. I suppose that I do need to hydrate, so I probably will...

 

 

I cannot believe you don't travel with masks to protect yourself.  I do and definitely use them during the flight.  I also wipe down the tray table and the seat buckle with anti bac wipes.

Edited by cml4958

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm through security, and at my gate notoriously early... I've switched out my Marta breeze card for my Miami easy pass...

 

When I first got on the train, there was a guy coughing and sneezing as if he was about to die... Of course, I got off at the next stop and switched trains. I'm debating on whether to buy a fifty dollar bottle of water here at the airport. I suppose that I do need to hydrate, so I probably will...

 

IMG_20190920_104627.jpg

People can be so gross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, cml4958 said:

 

I cannot believe you don't travel with masks to protect yourself.  I do and definitely use them during the flight.  I also wipe down the tray table and the seat buckle with anti bac wipes.

I bought a hundred masks on Amazon about a year ago, but after the move I can't find them... They're definitely in my apartment somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the ground in Brickell now, and was making the walk towards my hotel... I walked through a back alley, and I knew that I was close. I opened up my map, and I was standing literally twenty feet from the building, only I couldn't see the sign. Anyhoo, I'm at my new home for the night... Luckily, I'm not superstitious...

IMG_20190920_150500.thumb.jpg.73e823cd6104901f9329861adb62ee7c.jpg

The exterior view of the Hyatt Centric Brickell...

 

IMG_20190920_144658.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm on the ground in Brickell now, and was making the walk towards my hotel... I walked through a back alley, and I knew that I was close. I opened up my map, and I was standing literally twenty feet from the building, only I couldn't see the sign. Anyhoo, I'm at my new home for the night... Luckily, I'm not superstitious...

 

How many margaritas have you had so far???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm settled into the hotel room now, and I'm about to head out and see what I can get into...

 

Here's a few pics of the room.

IMG_20190920_150509.thumb.jpg.d0080ec99e02777fb91291ed9b377343.jpg

IMG_20190920_150519.thumb.jpg.e19165c3a203d2ab18499f38527f9276.jpg

IMG_20190920_150529.thumb.jpg.952359980a55c20b5e6fae790d0f7103.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...