Jump to content

Is there a casino on the Mariner?


Recommended Posts

Yes there is , but its almost wasted space on many cruises with very few takers. On Navigator this summer I almost felt sorry for the casino staff siting there night after night doing nothing, as you walk through the Navigator casino to go to the top of the theatre. 100days on Regent never visited so lost nothing, would rather have another cruise, it's a mugs game as the ship  is never is the red , only the punters lose!! On Navigator feel this space could be better used, bigger lounge for the pianist, comfy sofa's etc.

On Mariner the casino is well away from busy areas, and is easily avoided with the stage stairway to stars nightclub.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Yes there is , but its almost wasted space on many cruises with very few takers. On Navigator this summer I almost felt sorry for the casino staff siting there night after night doing nothing, as you walk through the Navigator casino to go to the top of the theatre. 100days on Regent never visited so lost nothing, would rather have another cruise, it's a mugs game as the ship  is never is the red , only the punters lose!! On Navigator feel this space could be better used, bigger lounge for the pianist, comfy sofa's etc.

On Mariner the casino is well away from busy areas, and is easily avoided with the stage stairway to stars nightclub.

 

Ten Regent cruises and I haven’t played a single casino game.  Of course, I go to Vegas and don’t gamble so I’m probably an exception.

 

I’d be happy if they did away with the casino and brought the Connoisseur Club back.

Edited by UUNetBill
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 6:49 AM, rsail203 said:

I'm looking at the deck plan and I don't see a casino. Am I missing something?

you mean the "donate to Regent" room ? Yes, they have one

 

Edited by Gcto
correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 6:49 AM, rsail203 said:

I'm looking at the deck plan and I don't see a casino. Am I missing something?

 

Hoping that this link works.  https://www.rssc.com/ships/explorer?ship=MAR.   Just tested it - it works but you need to click on Deck 7.

 

You may have to move the magnifying "thing" (don't know what it is called) in order to properly see it.

Edited by Travelcat2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rsail203 said:

Thank you all for your answers. New question. Does the Mariner ever have a blackjack tournament?

 

I believe that I have read that they do (in Passages, Regent's daily newsletter).

Edited by Travelcat2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely have blackjack tournaments.

 

Mariner Casino and Stars Nightclub are wonderful venues connected by a circular staircase.  I frequently go into the casino just to use that staircase; shortcut from Deck 7 to Deck 6.

 

Marc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a big gambler, but took advantage of the casino on a recent sailing on Mariner.  Compared to Las Vegas, or other traditional casinos, it was great being able to play in a relatively "quiet" environment.  No constantly ringing bells, screaming stickmen, etc.  People could actually have pleasant conversations without shouting.  Oh, and I won a little.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

UUNetBill,

 

Last winter when we all were on Voyager, there was a couple that lit up the casino.  You had already gone to bed after karaoke.   We wandered past the casino and a young lady was dropping chips on every roulette square and some other combinations.  She had stacks of chips on the table.  This went on for a few nights running.  We watched because we were trying to figure out her method.  She was clutching a large bundle of $100 bills.  We never could tell if she was ahead or behind.

 

As far as I am concerned, they can drop the tables overboard.  Given that they are onboard, someone is using them.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, orvil said:

UUNetBill,

 

Last winter when we all were on Voyager, there was a couple that lit up the casino.  You had already gone to bed after karaoke.   We wandered past the casino and a young lady was dropping chips on every roulette square and some other combinations.  She had stacks of chips on the table.  This went on for a few nights running.  We watched because we were trying to figure out her method.  She was clutching a large bundle of $100 bills.  We never could tell if she was ahead or behind.

 

As far as I am concerned, they can drop the tables overboard.  Given that they are onboard, someone is using them.  

To each their own...I’d rather save my $£€¥ to take more cruises, not donate it to the casino while I’m on board.  But that’s me, I guess.  I hope there’ll be some fun Karaoke on board this winter.   🎤🤪   🔊

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Just read on a post here that we will not be able to use our OBC in the casino -- is that correct . Obviously our first Regent Cruise and this was a surprise as we usually donate the OBC there on other cruise lines.🥴

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:45 PM, UUNetBill said:

Ten Regent cruises and I haven’t played a single casino game.  Of course, I go to Vegas and don’t gamble so I’m probably an exception.

 

I’d be happy if they did away with the casino and brought the Connoisseur Club back.

Are you referring to the Navigator or the Mariner as far as doing away with the Connoisseur Club?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...