HAL Fjords Cruise

Lovecruisestoo

Depending on traffic, it will kill an hour to get to the airport, especially if you are in a crowd leaving the ship, and have to search for your luggage. 

The airport is huge, so I wouldn't plan a flight before 2:00 PM. Flying back to the US also has one extra security stop to complete US formalities. 

I have done this twice - just 10 days ago and two years ago.  Both times I had a HAL transfer to the airport.  Two years ago I had a flight at noon that I made with no problem.  That was despite a long hold up checking in bags.   Ten days ago I had a 1:00 pm flight that I made very comfortably.  I had quite a bit of time to hang around the airport, get something to drink and something to eat.  

2 hours ago, Lovecruisestoo said:

For those who have taken this cruise from Amsterdam ... how long does it take to leave the ship and get to the airport?  What is the earliest flight you could make?  

Lots of taxis at the port and very easy to get.  It’s well organized.  We had a cab for 6 of us and our luggage to get to our hotel which worked out incredibly well.

I’d allow an hour at least to get there and then as Ruth said, there’s security and passport control if you are flying to a non Schengen (sp? I never get it right) country.

If you are flying business class, it’s a bit faster for security, etc.  But it can take a bit of time depending on the timing of flights.

I certainly would not book a flight before 1 pm. 2 pm or close to it would make me feel better.  Schipol is a fantastic airport with lots of great spots and shopping so, if you are early you won’t have a problem killing time 😉 

Roll call members taking flights had them around 2 and 2:30 IIRC and had no problems or stress 😄 

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

Not flying but I want to catch a train after docking.  Can I make a 08:09 train departing Amsterdam? 

Even with self disembark and everything on time, I would say it’s next to impossible.