Credit Card - Pin Required?

jkburns

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

I just got a giggle while reading the CHASE recommendation to “carry an alternate method of payment, such as local currency, as a backup”.

LOL !  Why travel with CHASE credit card in the first place ?  Just carry 5,000 Euro cash , a Rolex Submariner , a gold chain , DW’s diamond ring and I am all set for Europe. Maybe I can get a stylish man purse from CHASE with the imprint “CHASE... tradition beats technology”.

This is part of why we are considering dropping Chase – after 50+ years dating back to Chemical Bank [actually even further on DW's side, as her great aunt was head of the commissary at Hanover...]  I have to keep $15,000 in a low-to-no interest account to get free checking and a safe deposit box.  Schwab Bank gives me an ATM that I can use anywhere in the world [including my local Chase branch] for no fees, and pays nearly 2% on my money market deposits.  And in my fleet of 12+ credit cards – each used for a specific money-back purpose – Chase rarely makes it into my wallet at all.  So why do I need them?