Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
kcool

Nieuw Statendam

Recommended Posts

Hi. is there music playing on the lido deck either a band or DJ ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok i guess not. How about some music at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The following link will help you learn more about the ship https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/cruise-ships/ms-nieuw-statendam/0.html?ICID=C006_RSRR_dedication

We enjoyed the BB Kings on the Oosterdam.  I would love to sail on NS that has both BB Kings and the Rock and Roll venue.  As far as music by the pool, I am not sure that is offered.  Have a wonderful cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the ships have piped in music for your listening pleasure in the pool area of the Lido deck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the music is piped in all day.  The large screen plays scenes of Holland America itineraries with the sound off during the day.  At night, around 9:30, you can watch recently released movies.  Sometimes the sound bounces and echoes off that large space, making it difficult to hear.  Sometimes, it's chilly if the dome is open, so bring the HAL robe from your cabin or grab several pool towels to wrap around yourself.  You can watch the same movie the next day on your large TV in your cabin if you prefer.  

 

The New York Café, located on the deck overlooking the Lido Deck, serves pizza, hot pretzels (wonderfully soft), and unlimited servings of popcorn during the movies.  Arrive early, grab your snacks, get a good lounge chair (all of which are turned toward the screen), and enjoy.  It's fun for those evenings when the entertainment (main show) offers no good options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 8:57 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

Yes, the music is piped in all day.  The large screen plays scenes of Holland America itineraries with the sound off during the day.  At night, around 9:30, you can watch recently released movies.  Sometimes the sound bounces and echoes off that large space, making it difficult to hear.  Sometimes, it's chilly if the dome is open, so bring the HAL robe from your cabin or grab several pool towels to wrap around yourself.  You can watch the same movie the next day on your large TV in your cabin if you prefer.  

 

The New York Café, located on the deck overlooking the Lido Deck, serves pizza, hot pretzels (wonderfully soft), and unlimited servings of popcorn during the movies.  Arrive early, grab your snacks, get a good lounge chair (all of which are turned toward the screen), and enjoy.  It's fun for those evenings when the entertainment (main show) offers no good options.

Yum popcorn and soft pretzels, I will have a light dinner that night!

I could just eat them for dinner especially if they are really good and soft with lots of mustard available!😋

 

I heard they had wings too?

 

Bliss!

Edited by Judyrem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Yum popcorn and soft pretzels, I will have a light dinner that night!

I could just eat them for dinner especially if they are really good and soft with lots of mustard available!😋

 

I heard they had wings too?

 

Bliss!

 

Indeed wings are available BUT an order of wings is just ONE wing.  If you want more place a number of orders.

 

Here is the menu:

 

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/NY-Deli-Pizza.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crew News said:

 

Indeed wings are available BUT an order of wings is just ONE wing.  If you want more place a number of orders.

 

Here is the menu:

 

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/NY-Deli-Pizza.pdf

I will be gaining some weight, but who cares, popcorn, pretzels, wings and BEER!  😁🥨🍻🍿🍗

 

Thanks for the link, the breakfast sandwiches look good too!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...