Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jsglow

2021 Opened Up!

Recommended Posts

Just got word from my PVP that 2021 has just opened up.  Details to follow.  Post what you find out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still waiting for them to release 2021 New York schedule . most likely i might have to wait until December-January 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked Panama Canal on Freedom for 01/24/21 from Galveston. Did it last week. It will be our Milestone (25th) cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RobinCruiser said:

No Europe for 2021 or do you think it's not released yet?

 

Not all the ships are out yet.  I would expect it closer to the end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jsglow said:

Just got word from my PVP that 2021 has just opened up.  Details to follow.  Post what you find out!


Not for Alaska.

JH has said a few times that their full 2021 schedule will be out later in October.

Edited by Sean_B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shof515 said:

still waiting for them to release 2021 New York schedule . most likely i might have to wait until December-January 😞 

Still hoping Vista or Breeze will come to NY. 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Still hoping Vista or Breeze will come to NY. 🙏

 

I'm sincerely thinking not.  Carnival has in recent years used the 'east coast rover'.  That was Sunshine, then Sunrise, and then Radiance.  Obviously 2021 is an open question still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

Still hoping Vista or Breeze will come to NY. 🙏

 

22 minutes ago, jsglow said:

 

I'm sincerely thinking not.  Carnival has in recent years used the 'east coast rover'.  That was Sunshine, then Sunrise, and then Radiance.  Obviously 2021 is an open question still.

 

The horizon had a successfully season last year until it accidentally crashed into the pier. I do not not see why the Vista class ships can not come back to new york again. The dream class ships might have a problem since i remember the carnival dream had an issue docking due to the lifeboats or something like that 10 years ago or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shof515 said:

 

 

The horizon had a successfully season last year until it accidentally crashed into the pier. I do not not see why the Vista class ships can not come back to new york again. The dream class ships might have a problem since i remember the carnival dream had an issue docking due to the lifeboats or something like that 10 years ago or so.

But I do not think the pier accident enticed Carnival to remove the Horizon from New York. It was already set to reposition to Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shof515 said:

 

 

The horizon had a successfully season last year until it accidentally crashed into the pier. I do not not see why the Vista class ships can not come back to new york again. The dream class ships might have a problem since i remember the carnival dream had an issue docking due to the lifeboats or something like that 10 years ago or so.

Hopefully with these upgrades(For Pier 90) set to conclude in 2021, Carnival will put a Dream class here or the Vista.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20144-new-york-cruise-gearing-up-capital-projects.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Hopefully with these upgrades(For Pier 90) set to conclude in 2021, Carnival will put a Dream class here or the Vista.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20144-new-york-cruise-gearing-up-capital-projects.html

“When we do that we can accommodate larger ships like the Carnival Horizon and Norwegian Bliss, and future ships like Carnival’s XL class,” added Michael DeMeo, vice president, NY Cruise.

 

Clue number two that Mardi Gras' sister might come to New York! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Clue number two that Mardi Gras' sister might come to New York! 

unfortunately that clue seems to be sunk since this press release came out:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21600-carnival-to-expand-terminal-f-at-portmiami-to-accommodate-2022-newbuild.html

 

Everyone is very excited about Miami being home to our next liquefied natural gas (LNG) ship in North America and the sister ship to Mardi Gras, which arrives next August

 

Will be interesting to see what carnival does in 2021 in new york

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shof515 said:

That's true. Maybe the renovations are to handle Mardi Gras in September of 2021 when she does Canada and New England sailings form New York. But I am keeping my hopes up for a Dream/Vista class to reposition to New York in summer of 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

“When we do that we can accommodate larger ships like the Carnival Horizon and Norwegian Bliss, and future ships like Carnival’s XL class,” added Michael DeMeo, vice president, NY Cruise.

 

Clue number two that Mardi Gras' sister might come to New York! 

 

At the Diamond special event on Breeze a few months ago the staff there said the second XL ship was going to Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

At the Diamond special event on Breeze a few months ago the staff there said the second XL ship was going to Miami. 

This makes sense, as RCI, NCL, MSC and VV will be sending their flagships debuting in 2021 and 2022 to Miami. Who knows, we might get Breeze?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

“When we do that we can accommodate larger ships like the Carnival Horizon and Norwegian Bliss, and future ships like Carnival’s XL class,” added Michael DeMeo, vice president, NY Cruise.

 

Clue number two that Mardi Gras' sister might come to New York! 

 

Remember though that the Mardi Gras and her sister are LNG fueled.  The pier would have to have LNG fueling capabilities before Carnival would position a ship there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

 

Remember though that the Mardi Gras and her sister are LNG fueled.  The pier would have to have LNG fueling capabilities before Carnival would position a ship there.

Carnival has two Mardi Gras sailings out of NYC so the logistics of refueling the ship seems already done.

When the Marid Gras does arrive in Port Canaveral, she will be bunking the LNG from a barge very similar to how they bunker existing fuel on all ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...