NCL Joy - Haven Suite Question

rhinomike

We are looking into booking on the Joy for a Christmas break cruise. We are looking at the Haven room with a connecting stateroom. Me, and my wife in the Haven Suite and my two kids in the connecting room. My questions is this....  with my kids in the connecting stateroom will they be able to get all of the Haven amenities with us?  Thank you. 

Probably not.

NCL has gotten more strict as far as allowing staterooms connected to a Haven suite to have Haven privileges. It isn't even guaranteed that the minors will be allowed to stay in the connecting stateroom (some have done it, some could not).

To guarantee Haven access, book all guests in a Haven suite or two.

NCL would rather have 4 people in the suite (your group) and book 3 or 4 other people in the connecting stateroom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rhinomike said:

We are looking into booking on the Joy for a Christmas break cruise. We are looking at the Haven room with a connecting stateroom. Me, and my wife in the Haven Suite and my two kids in the connecting room. My questions is this....  with my kids in the connecting stateroom will they be able to get all of the Haven amenities with us?  Thank you. 

My son and nephew who are both grown stayed in the connecting room to our haven suite on the getaway and they were able to check in with us in the haven lounge. They did not get specific butler service but the door was always left open so all they had to do was call the butler from our room if they needed something. The concierge made them reservations for shows. They accompanied us on the haven sun deck. So my answer would be yes to an extent they will get the service by being with you. 

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Probably not.

NCL has gotten more strict as far as allowing staterooms connected to a Haven suite to have Haven privileges. It isn't even guaranteed that the minors will be allowed to stay in the connecting stateroom (some have done it, some could not).

To guarantee Haven access, book all guests in a Haven suite or two.

NCL would rather have 4 people in the suite (your group) and book 3 or 4 other people in the connecting stateroom.

Yes. That is normally my thought. But the room is labeled on the NCL site as “Haven Suite with connecting stateroom”. The description states perfect for families. I should also add that my kids are not minors. They are 20 and 22. 

Maybe I will call NCL and see what they say about it. It would be strange to advertise that way then not allow the connecting room into the Haven or receive the perks. Maybe there is Ana additional charge for that. 

57 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

Yes. That is normally my thought. But the room is labeled on the NCL site as “Haven Suite with connecting stateroom”. The description states perfect for families.

I understand but the thing is that the cost of the connecting balcony stateroom is the same as a non-connected balcony stateroom. NCL isn't going to guarantee Haven access for that stateroom without a price increase. IF NCL gave a price for that stateroom with access and a price without Haven access, it would be more clear. I've suggested that before but NCL doesn't care what I or anyone else thinks is a good idea. 

I should also add that my kids are not minors. They are 20 and 22. 

That could work against your plan. In the past, getting minors in a connecting room made it easier for those minors to have Haven access. 2 adults in suite, 2 minors in connecting wasn't a problem. Unfortunately, what would happen is that a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) and their family friends (2 adults, 2 kids) would book the 4 adults in the Haven and the 4 kids in the connecting. All 8 would get Haven access for much less than booking 2 suites. NCL has done different things to prevent/lessen that from happening. Things aren't consistent with NCL and different concierges will give different results. 

Maybe I will call NCL and see what they say about it. It would be strange to advertise that way then not allow the connecting room into the Haven or receive the perks. Maybe there is Ana additional charge for that. 

The phone reps are (mostly) useless. They could tell you "yes" and the concierge on the ship can tell you "no". They could tell you "no" and the concierge on the ship can tell you "yes".

If NCL did institute a different price for connecting with access, I'd support that. Give people the option. However, if total strangers are in the connecting, they might knock on your door and ask for you to "hook them up" and even offer you $$ to ask the concierge. It's just messy. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I understand but the thing is that the cost of the connecting balcony stateroom is the same as a non-connected balcony stateroom. NCL isn't going to guarantee Haven access for that stateroom without a price increase. IF NCL gave a price for that stateroom with access and a price without Haven access, it would be more clear. I've suggested that before but NCL doesn't care what I or anyone else thinks is a good idea. 

That could work against your plan. In the past, getting minors in a connecting room made it easier for those minors to have Haven access. 2 adults in suite, 2 minors in connecting wasn't a problem. Unfortunately, what would happen is that a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) and their family friends (2 adults, 2 kids) would book the 4 adults in the Haven and the 4 kids in the connecting. All 8 would get Haven access for much less than booking 2 suites. NCL has done different things to prevent/lessen that from happening. Things aren't consistent with NCL and different concierges will give different results. 

The phone reps are (mostly) useless. They could tell you "yes" and the concierge on the ship can tell you "no". They could tell you "no" and the concierge on the ship can tell you "yes".

If NCL did institute a different price for connecting with access, I'd support that. Give people the option. However, if total strangers are in the connecting, they might knock on your door and ask for you to "hook them up" and even offer you $$ to ask the concierge. It's just messy. 

Yes. That all makes sense. Thank you so much for all of that info. It really helps. 

11 hours ago, rhinomike said:

Only of it is also a haven (H#) cabin.