No Balcony and No Drink Package This Time, Will I Survive?

Ukigirl

First of all, this isn’t a “woe is me” thread but I do have a question.  Booked an unexpected 5 night cruise on Majesty in November which was ridiculously inexpensive because of the itinerary changes, no Cuba but very excited about going to Coco Cay for the first time. Our last day will be in Key West and since we plan on spending entire day there, just couldn’t justify price of deluxe drink package. If we did, I foresee us coming back onboard and spending the entire evening making sure we got our monies worth...then getting up early next day and flying? No way!  So I know we can bring two bottles of wine onboard but can we also bring a 6 or 12 pack of Diet Coke? Not sure if it’s one or the other.  First time in an inside cabin but hey, we will be on a cruise! 

• Like 1

After 15+ years of only Balcony's and a couple Jr Suites we did our first inside last year.  Similar to you, really cheap 5 nighter.  We were surprised, didn't mind it at all. 

You can definitely get your drinkin' done in in Key West:classic_tongue:

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

First of all, this isn’t a “woe is me” thread but I do have a question.  Booked an unexpected 5 night cruise on Majesty in November which was ridiculously inexpensive because of the itinerary changes, no Cuba but very excited about going to Coco Cay for the first time. Our last day will be in Key West and since we plan on spending entire day there, just couldn’t justify price of deluxe drink package. If we did, I foresee us coming back onboard and spending the entire evening making sure we got our monies worth...then getting up early next day and flying? No way!  So I know we can bring two bottles of wine onboard but can we also bring a 6 or 12 pack of Diet Coke? Not sure if it’s one or the other.  First time in an inside cabin but hey, we will be on a cruise! 

You can bring 12 factory sealed containers of non-alcoholic beverages per stateroom, each no larger than 500ml, and these must be carried on (not checked).

2 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

You can definitely get your drinkin' done in in Key West:classic_tongue:

Flying Monkey, ask the bartender for a shot of milk. One of the bartenders there invented it, and it's amazing. Get an alcoholic slushy while you're there.

Then you have the new Sloppy Joes and the Original Sloppy Joes (now called Captain Tony's) for a bit of KW history/famous bars

Garden of Eden for a bit of naughty fun 🙂

Bourbon Street Pub, Aqua, or 801 Bourbon Bar for a hopping gay bar or Saloon One for a "not for the faint of heart, extremely risque gay bar"

First Flight for a bar with some unique history

Or you could do the non-drinking side of Key West. Butterfly Garden, Shipwreck Museum, Aquarium, Southernmost Point, Little White House, Fort Zach

Just now, ryano said:

Just one thing. Your closet in your home is probably bigger than the Majesty inside cabin 😀 

But if you need darkness to sleep it'll be the best sleep of your life. We enjoy the occasional balcony splurge, but sleep so much better when we book interiors

• Like 1

Thanks for the Key West suggestions, last time we were there our kids were under 21 so we behaved and saw all the tourist spots like Hemingway House, museums and snorkeling (three day visit). This time around looking forward to checking out some of the bars on our adventure as well as eating some great seafood, any suggestions?

Yes! Looking forward to some good sleeping since any bit of light wakes us up.

Speaking of Captain Tony, who is a KW legend and is no longer with us, I had the great honor of meeting him and spending time with him on a gambling boat out of KW one night. We got our pics with him in our ponchos that night as we all had to disembark together in the midst of the mother of all storm.

Another great KW Bar is The Green Parrot.

Be sure to bring either an alarm clock or make sure your phone is set to the proper time and use the alarm. The room is so dark and usually pretty quiet, and if there’s any motion you should get a pretty good night’s sleep.    We’ve only had a few interior cabins  but I think we overslept every day. 

As for the drink package hopefully the wine you bring on, and a few drinks here and there will be fine 

have a  great trip. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

My husband the engineer has calculated drink 🍷 package down to the penny, we are talking spreadsheets people. Long Island Ice Tea is drink of choice for him as far as maximizing alcohol potential vs price. 😌 me?  Bloody Mary, beer, pina coldada topped off with Kraaken rum floater, beer is warm so let get another Blue Moon  and another fruity drink and another and another,  Wine with dinner? At least a few glasses and then an after dinner martini. Also I enjoy specialty coffees and bottled water.  All I can say is when we get the final bill all hell will break loose. I foresee another spreadsheet in my immediate future, this is what 30 years of marriage is like ❤️

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You can bring 12 factory sealed containers of non-alcoholic beverages per stateroom, each no larger than 500ml, and these must be carried on (not checked).

Bob, there's a lot of talk about this, with folks on an upcoming cruise I'm on.

We typically fly to our ships and so bringing water/soda has never been something we've done.

The two times we drove, we brought 2 gallon jugs of water,  sat in a duffel bag and checked in without issue.  I saw people with pallets of bottled water on their carts being wheeled by the porter.

I understand those are not the rules now,  did they change this or did we happen to sneak under the radar both times?

We're not bring drink people so it's never been something i bothered to become familiar with but trying to help some others....

We do insides, balcony and trying a JS for the first time.  Yes balcony is best but have no issue going back to an inside.  It's still a cruise and don't spend a ton of tine in the stateroom. 

As for drink package, u til now we never buy and just purchase a la carte (we did get it in 2 next year at $18 and trying it on next cruise). Without the package, it's not line you can't order alcohol.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm sure you will.