Cruise Critic Community
avalong

Booking last cruise of the season

Hi there knowledgeable folks,

We're thinking of booking the last cruise of the Caribbean season on the Windsurf. Do you think this is advisable? Is there a noticeable let-down of service or food on the last cruise of the season? Any insights you have would be appreciated.

I can't image why I'd be concerned. The ship goes on to where ever its going next along with the same crew - athough some come and go at the end of every itinerary. I'd have no issues.

We've done this twice and never had any issues other than the last cruise might coincide with Spring Break. One time we had a really rowdy crowd of passengers because of Spring Break.

Yes, it was a group of about 100 passengers who were "Parrot Heads" and were traveling with a band who performed at all of the ports and once on the ship.  They drank very heavily, were loud, and pretty much took over the ship.  It was not my favorite Windstar cruise, but I have been back three times since and have witnessed no repeat performances.

I had to google "Parrotheads." I thought maybe it was a school mascot and I could see when their spring break was! LOL. Not quite!  Thanks so much for the input.

We did this once because it was a really interesting itinerary and had a great trip.  There might have been a few families and adults under 40 but nothing rowdy 😉