Has anyone attempted to use an old coffee card recently?

judyjudy56

On 9/22/2019 at 12:52 PM, MissP22 said:

I'd go for that any day & pack all my cards for them.

This is where I get confused. Why would you pay for a new card if you already had one? If just a freebie that you got for trading your minibar, why would you continue trading for the same thing when there are so many options (wine, soda, water)? I can see having 1 extra card bc the minibar swaps out for 2 but cannot see more than 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ombud said:

This is where I get confused. Why would you pay for a new card if you already had one? If just a freebie that you got for trading your minibar, why would you continue trading for the same thing when there are so many options (wine, soda, water)? I can see having 1 extra card bc the minibar swaps out for 2 but cannot see more than 1

Simply because trading in our setup for water of soda is ridiculous in terms of value and we provide our own selections at boarding. 

The wine selection is terrible. We couldn't even give people a second glass after they tasted it.

We don't like any of the liquors & bring our own selections when boarding. 

So that leaves the coffee cards. Unfortunately we've got many since we could only drink so much coffee per cruise. 

18 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Simply because trading in our setup for water of soda is ridiculous in terms of value and we provide our own selections at boarding. 

The wine selection is terrible. We couldn't even give people a second glass after they tasted it.

So that leaves the coffee cards. Unfortunately we've got many since we could only drink so much coffee per cruise. 

There are a dz wines on the list but I must admit I've traded for water in SE Asia b4 I omitted all single use water bottles from my life. 

So much for your trying to game the system. But at least it was free

For those of you who want to withhold or adjust your gratuities because Princess changed the terms of their coffee card program (something they have the right to do anyway), please make sure to tell your servers and room stewards that you are doing so and why. They deserve to know.

giphy.gif.c7e295164530547416900218261e49ac.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

So Princess should "follow the rules" in regard to the coffee card but you don't need to "follow the rules" in regard to bringing liquor aboard?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

So Princess should "follow the rules" in regard to the coffee card but you don't need to "follow the rules" in regard to bringing liquor aboard?

They set a precedence. 

I'm recouping some of the money they stole from me. It'll be a long time until I feel that we're even. If that's the way they feel about their loyal customers I can react in the same way.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

There are a dz wines on the list but I must admit I've traded for water in SE Asia b4 I omitted all single use water bottles from my life. 

There aren't anywhere near a dozen & we don't like any of them. 

We'll being out own water, thank you & let them dispose of the plastic bottles.

After all they've got their own plastic ones to get rid of. What's a few more? 

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

They set a precedence. 

I'm recouping some of the money they stole from me. It'll be a long time until I feel that we're even. If that's the way they feel about their loyal customers I can react in the same way.

LMAO - yea, you'll show them!  🤣  You seem miserable sailing on Princess, why do you continue?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have yet to sail a Royal class ship but have read many times that coffee in the buffet (and MDR?) on those ships is brewed - not from syrup. Why this is the case only on that class of ship remains a mystery to me.

They pipe that stuff in from the engine room. Celebrity Summit which is older than the Grand Class ships had fresh brewed in the buffet  and I was just on Royal Caribbean Anthem were fresh coffee was also available. I had the drink package on both of those cruises and could have had coffee in their version of the IC but didn't need to make a special trip there except for frozen blended coffee. Anthem also has a specialty coffee section in the buffet area which is convenient.

Edited by Iamcruzin

12 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

There were 8 white wines and I picked one. I'm thinking 4+ reds but I could be wrong

There's no way I'm packing water on an international flight

But at least you didn't shell out any OBC or cash for it so ignore the perk if it suits you. Me I'll trade for white wine in 3 weeks and coffee program in 2 months. 🥂

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SharkieRools said:

LMAO - yea, you'll show them!  🤣  You seem miserable sailing on Princess, why do you continue?

Not at all and I love to tailor the cruise to my liking. 

Still a lot of perks that the other cruise lines don't offer & since we get them all we'll just keep cruising Princess.

I've got to get my many hundreds of dollars in coffee money back so I can't switch now. :classic_smile: 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

They set a precedence. 

well that gives me some piece of mind as to the psyche within.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

One can only hope that Princess checks bags extra thoroughly when boarding the Crown on October 18th.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I'm recouping some of the money they stole from me. It'll be a long time until I feel that we're even.

ca2fedeff3a83553e4dd750a59c70e83eebaa1d0.gif.fa424ba89fddc4e9f3d30a4da27cbfd6.gif

• Like 5

I don't even bother to read any of her posts.  She has been bitching about the coffee card ever since they announced the change.    I see the name and I run away.     I am sure Princess has a few notes in her portfolio.   I bet she takes the tips off,  smuggles booze and anything else she can,  figured out a way to cash in on her OBC's, has a zero balance at the end and takes money home.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, memoak said:

Amen to that.  Breaking booze rules hopefully gets you busted 

My husband & I have it down to a science & have figured all the angles around their booze checking system.

8 minutes ago, compozer said:

I don't even bother to read any of her posts.  She has been bitching about the coffee card ever since they announced the change.    I see the name and I run away.     I am sure Princess has a few notes in her portfolio.   I bet she takes the tips off,  smuggles booze and anything else she can,  figured out a way to cash in on her OBC's, has a zero balance at the end and takes money home.

You do realize that there an ignore function built into the forum. 

26 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

My husband & I have it down to a science & have figured all the angles around their booze checking system.

You do realize that there an ignore function built into the forum. 

Aren’t you proud of yourself

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, challis said:

i now wish i withheld tipping staff,as i am not a happy customer,and over such a trival matter.maybe i will

souvenier something off the next  princess cruise  as just compensation...

Wow, first you wish you had stiffed the crew for something that they had absolutely no control over or input to and then you brag about "souvenier"ing (a euphemism for steal) an item off the ship.  I'll bet that you make all the other people from Australia really proud of one of their countrymen!! Hopefully none of any of your children you might have will follow the example you're setting! 😩

Tom

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

But trading for that which is seldom if ever used is also ridiculous in terms of value

On 9/21/2019 at 10:46 AM, jasbo49 said:

I know lots of posters feel this way, and I suppose Princess does too, but I don't consider it cheating.

If you are given a watch upon retirement, you're perfectly free to sell it. If you get a set of wine glasses for opening up a new account at the bank, they're yours to do with what you choose, and if Princess gives your two coffee cards in lieu of the mini-bar setup you didn't want, do what you like. Use them, sell them, whatever. They're yours.

Jim

Wine glasses at the bank? When was the last time you opened an account ? 1968?  Now you barley get interest on an account.

• Haha 1