Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
livylotte

Onboard Expense Account

My credit card was registered to my onboard account and we've been back home from our cruise for nearly 3 weeks and they haven't taken payment yet.   I would like to tie all the loose ends up on my credit card and I've been checking my bank daily and nothing so far.  Is there a time frame?  Thank you 🙂

Royal normally charges the credit card on the same day you leave the ship.  Are you sure you had an outstanding balance?  Royal usually does not miss an opportunity for revenue.

54 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal normally charges the credit card on the same day you leave the ship.  Are you sure you had an outstanding balance?  Royal usually does not miss an opportunity for revenue.

^^^ This ^^^ 

Did you get the account summary in your cabin on the last night? If you're sure you had an outstanding balance and want to get this resolved, you should call RCI with your folio number and ask them why it's taking so long.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

Yes, they left an invoice on our cabin door.  I'll go back through past statements and see if I can see what happened on our May Cruise but I'm pretty sure our account was settled soon after our cruise.

Is folio the same as reservation number? 

Putting off calling them because I hate ringing their call centre - although I do quite like the tune they play when they put you on hold 😀

16 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Yes, they left an invoice on our cabin door.  I'll go back through past statements and see if I can see what happened on our May Cruise but I'm pretty sure our account was settled soon after our cruise.

Putting off calling them because I hate ringing their call centre - although I do quite like the tune they play when they put you on hold 😀

The folio # is linked to your reservation number, but it is a unique # for each guest in the cabin. They have been emailing copies of the final invoices for a while now, so check your email from May (may be in your junk folder) to see if there's a copy there.

If you go into your C&A account and do a search on past cruises, this will show up for that cruise:

Folio available by request at
royalguestrelations@rccl.com
or call 800-256-6649
Edited by orville99

23 minutes ago, livylotte said:

The folio number is the number printed on your Seapass card.  Not every ship puts one there.

29 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

The charge is usually quick.  Maybe you'll get lucky and it will never show up😋

Ha!  I'm never that lucky!

DH says I've jinxed it now by asking on here.