Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bala1130

Group Slot Pull Winnings

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, rolloman said:

So what kind of extravagant gifts does prime earn you? Free drink card lol??? 100.00 off your next cruise....pfft...joke...

Then if the points are such a joke, why does someone care so much that THEIR card must be used.

 

The slot pull is supposed to be fun and a chance to hang with and meet new people. If there are tons of printed rules, then the fun is gone. I'm out. Verbal agreements are good enough for me. No cards, in the rare instance that a 1099G jackpot is won, whomever hit it, gets the first 20% to cover taxes (if US citizen), then split evenly. That's enough rules. All verbal.

Don't need or want anymore trinkets.

Now,,, let's have a drink and have fun 🥂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Then if the points are such a joke, why does someone care so much that THEIR card must be used.

 

The slot pull is supposed to be fun and a chance to hang with and meet new people. If there are tons of printed rules, then the fun is gone. I'm out. Verbal agreements are good enough for me. No cards, in the rare instance that a 1099G jackpot is won, whomever hit it, gets the first 20% to cover taxes (if US citizen), then split evenly. That's enough rules. All verbal.

Don't need or want anymore trinkets.

Now,,, let's have a drink and have fun 🥂

 

I have always wanted to know ... are you an Orc or just hate Frodo, since your name is kill Frodo?

 

jc🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 10:02 AM, 3eaglesfam said:

Casino Comp Chick was the organizer of the slot pull on my last cruise.  My first one.  I want her to go on all my cruises...  

 

 

 

 

Aww thank you....was that the Anthem in March? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 12:56 PM, klfrodo said:

I'm thinking the numbers are more like $2.50 played on a slot = 1 point

Others on here say they have up to 80 people. Using my point bases that's $1680 played and 672 points at $2.50 played per 1 pt.

That would be 1/3 of the way to a drink card in an hour

Plus, all those points go to their overall play which is recorded for future casino comps. Free cabins, comp bottle of wine at dinner, free drinks while playing, etc.

 

No. 

111AAD81-615A-4942-8BAF-4F9DA0823F59.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, John&LaLa said:

 

I dont know about that.  Laura qualifies Prime by earning between 100 and 300 pts per cruise.

 

$400 is 80 points. Halfway there.

That is only possible if she does 25 cruises a year @ 100 points per.

Prime = 2500 points X $5.00 per point = $12,500 play thru. Perhaps your wife really isn’t telling you what she is really playing and how much.

 

 

5FC6A2C8-6702-41EF-8107-CE4223593472.png

D2041752-9A84-48F5-9F82-7DA894CCAD31.png

Edited by Casino Comp Chick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Then if the points are such a joke, why does someone care so much that THEIR card must be used.

 

The slot pull is supposed to be fun and a chance to hang with and meet new people. If there are tons of printed rules, then the fun is gone. I'm out. Verbal agreements are good enough for me. No cards, in the rare instance that a 1099G jackpot is won, whomever hit it, gets the first 20% to cover taxes (if US citizen), then split evenly. That's enough rules. All verbal.

Don't need or want anymore trinkets.

Now,,, let's have a drink and have fun 🥂

 

I set rules so there is no misunderstandings or arguments in the casino, which is my happy place, you agree to them or you don’t play. Simple as that.

I have been running them for years and I have never had any issues with any players. I also have received many compliments on how quickly/efficiently I run them. They run that way  because I have spelled the rules out clearly. 

Obviously you want your card used otherwise you would not have commented as such so my suggestion to you is....If you want to make casino points, go run your own slot pull....Then you will see what is actually involved and the amount of time it takes to put a good one together. 

FYI the taxes are more like 34% depending on your city/state. Do your homework otherwise your “win” will become a loss.

Cheers 🍷 

Edited by Casino Comp Chick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, John&LaLa said:

 

I dont know about that.  Laura qualifies Prime by earning between 100 and 300 pts per cruise.

 

$400 is 80 points. Halfway there.

 

1 hour ago, Casino Comp Chick said:

That is only possible if she does 25 cruises a year @ 100 points per.

Prime = 2500 points X $5.00 per point = $12,500 play thru. Perhaps your wife really isn’t telling you what she is really playing and how much.

 

More like 15 to 16 a year. And it doesn't cost 12 grand, you do win some back along the way. I think you know that. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 4:59 PM, rolloman said:

You sound like my sister....spends 500.00 and claims to get a free inside cabin offer multiple times a year. I am thinking you must have hit a jackpot at some point and they want you back. Anyways...I honestly do not think a one time per cruise organized slot pull is really going to make a difference. I also agree with everything casinocompchick has said. Now, in Vegas (see youtube) where there are professionals who organize slot pulls for a living...that is a different story. 

 

 

I will be taking the second of three(so far) free cruises I have earned from Club Royal.

 

saved $2200 on one of them, which is significantly more then I spent earning the cruises in the casino-

 

and no, I have not won a jackpot

 

and yes, I do get offers for a free cruise about every other month, with discount offers in between

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

 

I have always wanted to know ... are you an Orc or just hate Frodo, since your name is kill Frodo?

 

jc🤣

never thought of it that way,,,kill Frodo 🤣

 

No, I got into the internet thing about 1990 when you had to use a 14.4k baud dial up modem to connect to AOL. Cruise Critic used to be an AOL chat room only. If you didn't subscribe to AOL, you didn't have access to Cruise critic.

Anyway, I was a J.R.R. Tolkien fan in my high school days (70's) back when an oz. was $20 😲. When I selected a sign on name, I wanted Frodo but it was taken, so added my initials to the front end.

Edited by klfrodo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know you are not an Orc! Or worse!  I read all of my Tolkien stuff back in high school in the 70s. Even bought the leather bond versions.  I used to be BorisBadenov back in the dial up days.  

 

jc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, klfrodo said:

never thought of it that way,,,kill Frodo 🤣

 

No, I got into the internet thing about 1990 when you had to use a 14.4k baud dial up modem to connect to AOL. Cruise Critic used to be an AOL chat room only. If you didn't subscribe to AOL, you didn't have access to Cruise critic.

Anyway, I was a J.R.R. Tolkien fan in my high school days (70's) back when an oz. was $20 😲. When I selected a sign on name, I wanted Frodo but it was taken, so added my initials to the front end.

Wow my first modem was about 1983 and it was 300bps.  The only places you could connect to where university or private bbs.  Remember getting the 1200, 2400, 4800 bps and thought that was so fast!  The old days and much simpler life.  No AOL when I first started using a computer (vic 20 then commodore 64) and modem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Yes it was!  

 

That that was a great slot pull, we had such a huge turnout for that one. I really enjoyed that week and wound up booking the same week next year....just in case your sailing again.

also doing the Oasis next October 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

 

More like 15 to 16 a year. And it doesn't cost 12 grand, you do win some back along the way. I think you know that. 

 

 

 

Of course I know that. That is why I said “play thru”. 

In terms of 15-16 cruises a year any low bettor can make Prime every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Casino Comp Chick said:

 

That that was a great slot pull, we had such a huge turnout for that one. I really enjoyed that week and wound up booking the same week next year....just in case your sailing again.

also doing the Oasis next October 

Doing Oasis last week of April. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 2:21 PM, frank808 said:

Wow my first modem was about 1983 and it was 300bps.  The only places you could connect to where university or private bbs.  Remember getting the 1200, 2400, 4800 bps and thought that was so fast!  The old days and much simpler life.  No AOL when I first started using a computer (vic 20 then commodore 64) and modem.  

 

Compuserve was up and running in 1983.

 

I just finished a weekend gathering of people that are members of the oldest running special interest group.  It dates back to 1981 on Compuserve.  I joined the group in 1987.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SRF said:

 

Compuserve was up and running in 1983.

 

I just finished a weekend gathering of people that are members of the oldest running special interest group.  It dates back to 1981 on Compuserve.  I joined the group in 1987.

Didn't comouserve charge to join their groups?  The only reason that I can surmise that would have excluded Compuserve groups was that there was a charge.  As an 11 year old, did not have the money to join anything that required a monthly fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thinks Compuserve was my first internet provider, and I think I had a 1200 baud modem in 1988 where I accessed a bad internet with my Mac Plus with a 20 MB hard drive.  Now that hard drive was living large, you didn’t have to constantly swap disks in order to run a program.  I think that hard drive was almost $600.  I miss the talking moose program.  

 

Jc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

I thinks Compuserve was my first internet provider, and I think I had a 1200 baud modem in 1988 where I accessed a bad internet with my Mac Plus with a 20 MB hard drive.  Now that hard drive was living large, you didn’t have to constantly swap disks in order to run a program.  I think that hard drive was almost $600.  I miss the talking moose program.  

 

Jc

Wow you were high tech for he 80's.  I remember starting off with cassette tapes as the storage media.  Having a computer with 64 kilo bytes was living large back in the early to mid 80's.  I remember upgrading to 5 1/4 inch floppys as the best.  Didn't have to wait forever for the tape drive.  

 

I remember going to my friends house and seeing his apple 2c and thinking he has got it made.  Dont remember a hard drive being around those days.  But we were middle school kids who could only dream and definitely not be able to buy those kinds of peripherals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used some apple 2C and 2E computers in the gradual school computer lab at UNC in the early to mid 80s, at the time in order to run my research I had to usually access the SAS mainframe in the middle of the night, so I had decided that computers sucked.  Then my buddy who worked for Northern Telecom before going to Microsoft bought a Mac Plus and it was like a spiritual Nirvana, Talking Moose and air traffic controller.  I had to have one.  I just had to convince my wife to let me buy a $1300 computer, then a few months later a $600 hard drive.   So, I could have the computer talk to me and play a game so simple they don’t I know I am a lucky man, and still married to her.

 

jc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 6:43 AM, Casino Comp Chick said:

That is only possible if she does 25 cruises a year @ 100 points per.

Prime = 2500 points X $5.00 per point = $12,500 play thru. Perhaps your wife really isn’t telling you what she is really playing and how much.

 

 

5FC6A2C8-6702-41EF-8107-CE4223593472.png

D2041752-9A84-48F5-9F82-7DA894CCAD31.png

Well that makes sense. This system rewards quantity not quality.  One and done  (cruise per year) folks really lose out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 8:33 AM, John&LaLa said:

 

 

More like 15 to 16 a year. And it doesn't cost 12 grand, you do win some back along the way. I think you know that. 

 

 

Well, she did say "play thru" which equates to in and out. In your case after 15 cruises per year....you are spending about 850.00 per voyage. That is a chunk of change...and if the majority of those cruises are 3-4 nights...even bigger per night chunk of change. So I guess it all boils down to how many cruises Casino Comp does per year. If she is holding 15 slot pulls per year on Royal....maybe she gets a free inside cabin lol....with all the stress and risk involved being the organizer...I would say (under this scenario) she deserves a inside cabin...…I assume the casino hosts love her.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Well, she did say "play thru" which equates to in and out. In your case after 15 cruises per year....you are spending about 850.00 per voyage. That is a chunk of change...and if the majority of those cruises are 3-4 nights...even bigger per night chunk of change. So I guess it all boils down to how many cruises Casino Comp does per year. If she is holding 15 slot pulls per year on Royal....maybe she gets a free inside cabin lol....with all the stress and risk involved being the organizer...I would say (under this scenario) she deserves a inside cabin...…I assume the casino hosts love her.....

 

I dont think you are being accurate, or you dont understand how slot points are earned. It doesn't matter how much you put in or lose. Just how often you pull the lever. 

 

Every positive return refills your kitty and allows you to keep spinning. 

 

Am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...