gift welcome bags for our friends first time cruise - suggestions

Holidaycraze

A dollar store small notebook to use as travel log, hand sanitizer, hooks, either magnetic or command for walls...hold hats, lanyard, etc.  pack of mints, rolaids, gum, pocket pack tissues....Have fun

@oaktreerb  Best item!  we loved our battery operated tea light in bathroom. Depending on the ship, some have little nightlights in ceiling.

• Like 2

Small keychain type LED light that can clip to sail card holder (lanyard Or retractable) just in case.....

I always carry one on my keychain now, and whenever I sail one goes on my retractable card holder since Concordia and the rash of Carnival power outages and fires of the same era.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Holidaycraze said:

Any suggestions for a little welcome gift bag I want to our first time cruiser friends who are joining us on a cruise on Sunday?

things that are useful on trip ie:  highlighter for daily bulletin 

Everyone has been awesome !!!!!

thanks for all the great tips and the gift bags are going to nice and full!!!! Doing one for our cabin too as all the items will come in handy for us too! Especially the champagne. I think we are allowed only one bottle to walk on with each. Too bad they wouldn’t permit a little one for my friends bag, I guess I can just pay the corkage - might as well get a full size one instead !  So many helpful suggestions 

I’m going out to shop !!!! Sailaway on Sunday !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Holidaycraze said:

Any suggestions for a little welcome gift bag I want to our first time cruiser friends who are joining us on a cruise on Sunday?

things that are useful on trip ie:  highlighter for daily bulletin 

Have you considered a tiny flashlight?  We never sail without one just in case of an emergency.  Sometimes comes in handy at night to light our way to the bathroom too.  You have some great suggestions.  How considerate of you to make your friends' cruise even more special with such a thoughtful gift.  Enjoy your time together.

• Like 1

Lots of good ideas being offered.

Just one point/question - have your friends been quizzing you about what to pack or possibly reading CC?  If they have they might well bring their own items and not need any of your thoughtful gifts?

What about treating them to a Pinnacle Lunch (put a little card in their bag) on a sea day or a specialty dinner?  PG Lunch is quite reasonable at $10 pp (before Mariner discounts) and a nice experience.  Just another option, in case.

• Like 2