Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
jordanaire

Need a good (inexpensive) hotel near MCO

My wife and I will be arriving late (8pm or so) into Orlando airport and need an inexpensive, but good, hotel to stay in the night prior to our cruise. Have checked many hotels online that sound good until you read the negative reviews. Just need a good place to rest up a few hours before heading to the port. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I've stayed at the Hyatt Place Orlando Airport.  It's not the far from the airport and they have a shuttle (you do have to call them for it).  It's a typical tourist-class hotel.  It is a fine pick if you want a good, clean hotel that is not overly expensive.  It's near some restaurants out on Semoran Blvd, 2 blocks away.   In the same neighborhood, you have several other choices of hotel.  Get on Google Maps, put in the Hyatt - other hotels will show up on the map.  

I'm in the same boat as you (although I'm coming in a little later, around 11PM), and I've decided to stay at the la quinta Inn orlando Airport West.  Rooms are under $100 per night and the reviews look pretty good.  I only searched for hotels that offered free airport shuttles.  Then I'll schedule a shuttle to pick me up from the hotel and take me to the port the next morning.  this hotel also offers free breakfast so I can get a little something to eat to hold me over until I board the ship.  Since my cruise isn't until January, I cant speak from experience, but you can check out the reviews for yourself.

La Quinta and Super 8 are budget options often suggested on this board. My mother used to swear by the Best Western, but that was a few years ago.

If you want a budget hotel, we stayed at the Sleep Inn near the airport. We were happy with it. They have a shuttle.

9 hours ago, jordanaire said:

My wife and I will be arriving late (8pm or so) into Orlando airport and need an inexpensive, but good, hotel to stay in the night prior to our cruise. Have checked many hotels online that sound good until you read the negative reviews. Just need a good place to rest up a few hours before heading to the port. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked the hotel complex just north of MCO on Rte 436. There are at least 6 hotels and a few restaurants there. 

Check Hotwire - MCO airport area only if you are ok with opaque pricing (if you know what you are doing you can pretty much figure out what hotel you may get for the bargain price)

For example - I paid $60 for the Fairfield Inn near MCO at the end of October (booked several months in advance)

You may have to look a few times til you find a bargain that pops up you like