Sleeping *IN* the Sydney Zoo?

GeezerCouple

The Sydney Zoo has some overnight accommodations, that include special after-hours tours and visits with some animals.

Has anyone done this?  If so, how was it?

As far as I can tell, they've had the "rustic" accommodations for some time, but they've added a new Lodge, with more upscale accommodations.

We've made reservations for after our cruise in two months, and we've requested an "Animal View" room.  They have a couple of other types, including "Harbor View", but given that we'll just be off a cruise... I don't think so! :classic_wink:

We'd love to hear especially about the after hours activities (the evening before and then again before the zoo opens the next morning).

Many thanks!

GC

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I haven’t done it but a good friend of mine has.

They said it fantastic,the sounds of the animals all night ,a evening tour .They had a tent style of cabin but it was good.

Thanks!

Your report makes us even more eager to do this.  What an unusual opportunity!

(Or do lots of zoos "do this" nowadays?)

GC

It’s the only one I know of.

My friends got it as a gift ,from memory it was expensive.At first everyone thought it a joke. Camping at the zoo?

But it was well  done .A lovely meal and walk around with a couple of drinks and comfortable accommodation.Then wake up with one of the best views of Sydney.

A quick trip to Africa they said.

There's a number of Australian zoos that I can think of which host 'sleep overs'. As well as Taronga Zoo, there's its sister zoo, Taronga Wild Life at Dubbo, Melbourne Zoo and its sister Werribee Open Range Zoo and Jamala Wildlife Lodge at the National Zoo in Canberra. 

The school where I worked before my retirement took some senior students to Werribee for an overnight stay. The staff and students loved it. Friends have stayed overnight at Melbourne Zoo. 

Leigh

23 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s the only one I know of.

My friends got it as a gift ,from memory it was expensive.At first everyone thought it a joke. Camping at the zoo?

But it was well  done .A lovely meal and walk around with a couple of drinks and comfortable accommodation.Then wake up with one of the best views of Sydney.

A quick trip to Africa they said.

Dubbo do it too, we did it there spectacular, haven’t don3 it at Taronga yet.