Season 10 of Yellow Fish Cruises blog is underway

PescadoAmarillo

Hi Jeannie....just wanted to let you know I am enjoying your posts.  So sorry to hear about your foot and not being able to get off in Papeete this time.  I know you were looking forward to it.  Next time around eh.  Take care of yourself and keep on posting please!

Corinne

Jeannie hope your foot will heal soon. Reading your blog is my daily routine now. Patter, menu and food pictures are certainly nice addition.

We met you and G once in Tahiti cruise. Last time we only had 2 partially sunny days out of 10 days cruise, hope to see you again next season with sunny days all along, Tahiti is also our favorite destination . 🙂

On 10/6/2019 at 3:16 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Hello from Tahiti!

Sinbad, thanks very much for sharing that detailed explanation about how the Sydney Roosters got their name. Loved it!

Duffysmom, I’ve had this sleep sack for decades, but it is very similar to the one found here:

https://www.travelsmith.com/product/silk-travel-sheet-by-cocoon.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&refType=1&ecList=1&ecCategory=

I roll it in a pool towel to wring out the moisture and hang it up. It’s nearly dry in about an hour, and then I iron it dry. I use it upside down with the opening at the bottom and the duvet stuffed inside. If you don’t mind tucked-in sheets, you’ll be happy with what’s provided, but I don’t like them and, especially right now, can’t tolerate them on my foot. 

Thanks for letting me know you’re enjoying the blog!

Thanks for the website, ordered it and look forward to using it on my next cruise.  Love the picture of you and G, handsome couple.  I spend every morning reading your blog and living vicariously...

Hi Jeannie,

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog.  I love your sense of humor and description of everything.  I appreciate the time that it takes to do the blogs and am thankful to have them to look forward to reading  They make my day!!!

I'm also one of the ones checking to see when your starting your next cruise. Been reading since day one

So sorry about your foot. So glad you have the things you need to walk with when the seas are rough

Wishing that the weather will get better and the sun will stay out.

Also nice you could take more luggage without a charge. Makes things easier. 

Glad your mother is doing better. Hope she gets better fast and you don't have to worry about her so much.

Wishing you and your sweet husband to keep on enjoying your great cruise.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:31 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

Hi Jeannie (if I may so presume 😊) I'm joining the Ruby on November 2nd in Sydney so I was wondering if I could put in a request to see on your blog the back page of the Patter with Locations and Times. I was curious about what was open and when.

Thanks in advance, Graham.

Graham, I’m so sorry. I just saw this. I will start with the first Patter or the next cruise. Hope it provides the information you are looking for. 

On 10/18/2019 at 10:31 AM, lovesandiego said:

Hi Jeannie,

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog.  I love your sense of humor and description of everything.  I appreciate the time that it takes to do the blogs and am thankful to have them to look forward to reading  They make my day!!!

12 hours ago, Belle said:

I'm also one of the ones checking to see when your starting your next cruise. Been reading since day one

So sorry about your foot. So glad you have the things you need to walk with when the seas are rough

Wishing that the weather will get better and the sun will stay out.

Also nice you could take more luggage without a charge. Makes things easier. 

Glad your mother is doing better. Hope she gets better fast and you don't have to worry about her so much.

Wishing you and your sweet husband to keep on enjoying your great cruise.

Thank you!  That is very kind of you to say and even nicer to hear. I am doing so much better from one week to the next, things are improving on the Mom-front and the seas are calming down. Tomorrow’s sail into Sydney Harbour should be amazing. Life is good. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I just finished uploading page 4 of every Princess Patter to date, and will continue to do so.

Thanks very much. I didn't mean to put you to any trouble, but if the internet is good it's nice to use it to the max. 😎

I've been so impressed with the speeds you've been showing that I think I'll be getting it for the 20 days we'll be on.

Anyway, here's to clear skies and smooth seas on your way up the Queensland coast after Sydney.

G’Day and welcome back to Sydney Jeannie and Greg. Watched the Ruby come in this morning with spinning fire tug showering water and fireworks going off as she came into the Quay. Have a great time today in Sydney and enjoy the rest of your cruises in Australia.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Jeannie for your excellent travel blog! We are enjoying following along, especially on your current cruise, as we are due to do the reverse cruise on Ruby in January. Your tips on good snorkeling spots have been much appreciated as we are novices in snorkeling but are determined to get our feet wet on the Fiji cruise. We’ve also been salivating at the sight of the daily menus you’ve included. Thank you for your hard work. Hope you’re feeling better today.

I see in your post your comments about “do not disturb”.  You should be able to set it so that calls from your Mom are received.  Look in the settings for “allow calls from favorites”. You may have to modify your favorites lists to only who you’d want a call from.  Also enable “repeated calls” then if she call you twice within 3 minutes that call would go through, so perhaps tell her to call back if you don’t pick up.   Maybe this will help... I have loved the blog for years and really enjoying the menu photos.

Thanks for all you do for us at home traveling vicariously with you!

• Like 1

Duh, I only found you again three days ago, even though your blog site has been on my toolbar all year!!!!  (yep, should have signed up for email notification, I know!). So my morning coffee time has been much longer, and I have now caught up with you. Am enjoying reading where you are and what you have been doing.  We met years ago on the Emerald, so I think of you as a friend now!!!

Thank you for doing this.

Susie, thanks for that fish name.  I’ve added it to my blog. CynCyn, that’s what it is!  Thanks so much. I remembered it started with a B but nothing more than that. They are incredible. DH laughs at me. Every day on the way to breakfast to the dining room I have to “pass through” the buffet to graze the pastries, just in case it’s THE day. 

KNB cruisers, I’ve just made that change.  Thanks for your remote technical support to facilitate me providing...remote technical support to my mom. 😆

Thanks everyone for the motivation to keep going. It’s been a bit of a chore since I got sick (and I really got hit with it this year), but, I think I may have turned a corner today. I have no voice at all but I feel the tiniest bit better. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sinbad, thanks for posting that link.  We are in the terminal in Port Chalmers right now and I can’t watch the video but enjoyed reading the article. I’m going to post a link to it in my blog, and appreciate you sharing it!

Happy New Year everyone!  Hoping yours is safe, healthy and happy. 

Totally bummed  😪  to read this evening that Pescado Amarillo has had to stop posting her blog because the internet on-board Majestic Princess is so bad.  Hopefully Princess will figure out a fix soon and we can all go back to living vicariously thru her.