Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
dcl1710

Where is daily mass held on Nieuw Statendam?

We are boarding her next week and my husband wants to know where mass is held. I am sure it is in the daily newsletter but he wants to be prepared.

Thanks for any information you can pass on to us.

Yes, the When & Where will post the place and time each day for mass.  On most occasions, the priest holds services in Half Moon or Hudson rooms on the Main Deck.  If they expect a larger crowd, the Show Lounge.  We cruised during Christmas last year on Nieuw Statendam, and most of the masses were held in the Show Lounge.  On embarkation day, mass is normally said at 5 p.m.  Unless it's a special service, such as Christmas Eve, the service is at 8 a.m.

We appreciate HAL continuing to have priests onboard.  Have a wonderful cruise.

Last summer all the Masses were held in the Hudson room at 5PM.  I was Chaplain on the Nieuw Amsterdam the last two weeks of June.

I was a passenger on the Nieuw Statendam last February and the Mass was always in the Hudson room. I will be Chaplain on the Nieuw Statendam in November.

18 hours ago, Himself said:

Last summer all the Masses were held in the Hudson room at 5PM.  I was Chaplain on the Nieuw Amsterdam the last two weeks of June.

Was Mass on "sea days" also at 5pm? TIA

I was on the Nieuw Statendam last December.  Mass was held in the Hudson Room on the Main Deck.  Port Days it was at 5pm.  Sea Days it was at 8am.  Saturday Evening Mass was at 5pm.  Sunday Mass was at 8am.  Read the When and Where to confirm times.  I can remember that the "usual times" changed once, but can't remember why.  The change was announced in the When and Where.