Jean Louis David Colour, Cut & Style package

jdvmd

I did the sunlights plus cut and style on Seaside and it was fantastic. One of the better haircuts I've had and the sunlights were perfect for a softer sunkissed look. 

If you're needing full color or your highlights touched up, you'll want the color cut and style, not the sunlights - the sunlights don't go to the roots and aren't full head normally, mainly crown and more like sunny highlights

DW had Color, Cut & Style on Bellissima and Cut & Style on Meraviglia. She said it was fantastic and that she would do it again. Like in every hair studio the result depends on the experience of the stylist. DW had the appointments on the day of elegant night.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to report back - Had an amazing experience on the Seaside. Maja was phenomenal. There are only three people in the whole hairstyling department - Maja (from Serbia) and two men. They stay busy. I was so pleased with everything.

27 minutes ago, scotland100 said:

Looking at the cut and style package on MSc Fantasia. Does the price include drying and hair straightening ?

I bet it would since straightening is styling. Mine was also blow dried and the stylist did a conditioning treatment as well. It was such a great value.

2 minutes ago, scotland100 said:

Thanks 😀 Did you have to wait until after boarding to book a time slot , or are you able to book a time once you have added it to your booking and paid in advance through the website?

I made the appointment onboard because I didn't know what day I wanted to have it done. Also, never saw a way to book an appointment online either.

Thank you so much for posting this topic.  I had no idea that this service was available as I typically don't use the spa services and never even looked at the options.  I just booked a cut and style for $32.00 at 40 percent off for our sailing.  This is three times what I normally pay locally.  I can't believe the pricing.  

25 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Thank you so much for posting this topic.  I had no idea that this service was available as I typically don't use the spa services and never even looked at the options.  I just booked a cut and style for $32.00 at 40 percent off for our sailing.  This is three times what I normally pay locally.  I can't believe the pricing.  

You are welcome!

I was very surprised at the pricing for our sailing. I, too, never go to the spa or even to a local salon but at this price, I thought why not?!

FYI - There is no place to leave a tip when you purchase ahead of time. I didn't even have to sign a receipt. I thought I would be able to do so and leave a tip that way. Nope. I felt bad but went back to my cabin and returned to the salon with a $20 bill.

A little off the original topic but along the lines of what things you can book that are a great price and never knew they existed are the medical packages.

I am always pleasantly surprised by the range of items you can add onto a MSC cruise like the Prevention Packages for $30 and $50 respectively. Prevention package: consultation + electrocardiogram + blood pressure + lipid blood test. Wonder if people do these. Seems like great prices compared to a doctor's visit.

This is a little late in posting, but I booked my $55 service on day 1 for day 2 on the Meravaglia. I booked with George.  He was fantastic, and I got a great cut and color.  He even gave me the formula.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I gave him a $20 tip too.  Will absolutely do it again.

• Like 1

I agree totally! Maja from Serbia was on Davina last Xmas  & was a great hairdresser. I was hoping to see her on my Meraviglia t/a in Sept but heard she’s now on Seaside. But her friend Georgi was fantastic also! 2 very talented hairdressers. If I won Lotto I would buy them their own salon- near me!!!!