One-millionth electrical outlet thread

Thought I would post two photos to add to what Glen posted.

This is a photo I took of the Seabreeze Penthouse (SH) when we visited it last year so you can see the outlets.

IMG_0294.thumb.jpg.0cf04f6c80fdfbc556bd26eccf21247c.jpg

You can see the outlets better in this photo which was from the Seabreeze Penthouse Suite (SP) which we were in but the configuration is the same with respect to the outlets and switches on beachside of the bed as the Seabreeze Penthouse with Verandah (SH)

IMG_0159.thumb.jpg.888e18e987a41090f993377bf8072742.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm shocked at this photo.  The Crystal fanclub can flame me and go right ahead, but it looks like there are mere inches between the chair, the bed and the door to the deck.  Not to mention there is no legroom between the sofa and the sofa table. And the carpet looks worn.  The Junior Suites on Royal Caribbean are way, way roomier than this.  For the premium price this Penthouse entails, I'm really disappointed.  And go ahead, hit me.

The carpets certainly not worn - that’s just the pattern in it 

As to size of the room - as a standard cabin dweller is certainly be happy with an upgrade to a Penthouse - when we’ve visited with friends in these suites we haven’t found them crowded at all 

The room size is on their website and will show just how much bigger they are than the standard rooms 

The photo is slightly deceiving. Whilst the newer Seabreeze penthouses feel tighter than the original PH's due to the choice of oversized furniture (why on earth they would choose such large pieces is beyond me) it's not quite as tight as the picture depicts. Are there cruise ships with larger penthouses and stateroom? Absolutely,  but I guess stateroom size is something that's not that important for a lot of people if the ship has enough spacious, uncrowded public spaces and a lot of activities which means that many are not in their room for anything more than showering, changing and sleeping. 

1 hour ago, Cruise-y said:

Wow, I'm shocked at this photo.  The Crystal fanclub can flame me and go right ahead, but it looks like there are mere inches between the chair, the bed and the door to the deck.  Not to mention there is no legroom between the sofa and the sofa table. And the carpet looks worn.  The Junior Suites on Royal Caribbean are way, way roomier than this.  For the premium price this Penthouse entails, I'm really disappointed.  And go ahead, hit me.

I am surprised as well

I think I will stick with Seabourn after staying in both the Penthouse and standard balconies on several Seabourn ships

Even Stickman liked the size of the standard cabins on the Encore last year

Edited by Thecat123
2 minutes ago, Thecat123 said:

I am surprised as well

I think I will stick with Seabourn

Even Stickman liked the size of the standard cabins on the Encore last year

Yes there’s no denying the standard Seabourn cabin on Encore is large - I haven’t checked the Square metres but probably similar to the Penthouse on Crystal with features like a walk in robe, shower and bath tub and a spacious lounge area and table you can actually eat at however for us anyway the cabin is not the deciding factor when selecting a cruise - only a small part for us 

I haven’t given up getting you and your better half to give Crystal a try - or perhaps we might have to look at cruising together again on neutral territory - maybe Regent Explorer which has some interesting itineraries? 

2 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

I took the photos and like many photos of room they do not do it justice.  I used an iPhone.  If I would have used one of my Nikon Cameras and stood further away from the room it would have looked far different with respect to the floor space.  

This is what I can say having seen the Seabreeze SH and stayed in the Seabreeze SP last year on Symphony.

As Shirin mentioned the furniture is larger than it should be in the SH and that leaves less floor room and makes it feel smaller.  Many of us have said the room is tight and tighter than its corresponding traditional suite the PH.  

The SP (itstraditional equivalent is a PS) which is photo number 2 was lovely IMHO and the photo distorts its size and the space between the left side of the bed and the window.  There is sufficient space and we loved the room ntire room which to us had lots of wonderful features including the second best rain shower we have ever had on land or at sea (second to the CP on Serenity), a nice living room, a beautiful bathroom and other amenities which we liked.

My favorite suites were on Celebrity and if that was my only decision to cruise I would select them.  I though the suite we had on Silversea was second best and if that was our only criteria for cruising they would be up there on the list. 

However, that is not our only criteria as we value service, entertainment, enrichment, cuisine, and the total ship amenities.  This is why our favorite line is Crystal.  While we loved our suite on Silversea we found the ship offered us very little to do and because of that we spent an inordinate amount of time in the suite.  Like most things we each know what we value when it comes to cruising.  There are many who love Silversea and I applaud them.  But we all have different priorities and preferences and this is why there is not one cruise line or for that matter one product of any kind that everyone likes equally.

There is no question that Crystals' standard rooms and suites are smaller than the other luxury lines.  I don't think many would argue that.  However, the photos do not do the space justice.  

Keith

It doesn't help that a camera will distort an image.  What is closer is bigger than it really is and what's further away will render smaller.  Sort of like the text on your passenger side mirror on the car.  Objects are not actual size.

14 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

Not planning on flaming you but you are ill informed. The Junior Suites on Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas are listed as 348 sq.ft. (267 + 81) where Crystal Symphony Penthouse is 412 sq. ft (340 + 70). It's fine to prefer one line over another, although I doubt you've ever experienced Crystal or you wouldn't be making this comparison, but facts are not optional so let's get them right. 

20 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

OK. So cruise RC. You'll never know what you're missing if you focus only on room size. Carpet is new as Seabreeze PH are all newly installed.

Well I was curious so tried to get a description of the RCI web site.  Interesting the site is is down until Noon today for maintenance.  And to think I didn't realize a cruise line website could go down.  😀

Yes the photo looks like one big room.  The Crystal suites are not configured that way so they look a little more choppy without one larger room.  However, for people like myself this is a big positive as it  provides a bit more privacy.  For example I can get up early in the morning and my wife can be sleep and I can go to an area of any of the Crystal suites and not bother her.  This is not the case in one large room.  So as they say life is about trade offs.  The Crystal suites by and large like the stateroom make good use of the available space including draw and closet space relative to their overall size.

Crystal regulars will tell you that they understand the size of the rooms.  In most cases they are fine with the size.  Sure provide something larger at the same price and most would say "I like it".  Again trade-offs.  Many will tell you that they spend most of their time out and about the ship and on land.

And yes I went back to several of the photos I took and the width from the bed on the left side does not offer a good deal of floor space.  It is not just the camera angle.  With that said we loved that suite.  You are only seeing the bed room are in the photo and to the living area or the entranceway or the large bathroom or the other features nor all of the amenities provided.  It even has a washer/dryer combo.  We  loved it so much we booked it again.  

As to a site comparison there are a tens upon tens upon tens of differences between the suites in terms of the amenities provided on the Crystal ships with the limited amenities provided in the suites on RCI such as the one in the photo.  I'm not knocking RCI but this is simply fact.  As a few people on another board said, in most instances the RCI suites are just larger ocean view rooms.  Again, I'm not knocking that but that isn't what many who book a suite on Crystal desire.

This is not much different on land where I could get a larger room at the Hampton Inn (and I am not putting down Hampton) versus one on a club floor at the Ritz Carlton.  The differences will be vast from the finish out of the room (by the way the finish out in the photos posted for the RCI suite was not anywhere close to what you see in a luxury line suite) to the vast difference in amenities provided between the two brands of hotels such as the multi course meals served at Ritz Carlton Club Room lounges to the bathroom amenities.

Size alone does not speak volumes to the man features which differentiate a product.

Anyway, the fact is that guest rooms on Crystal ships are generally smaller than their equivalent on other luxury lines.  For those who are driven by the size of their accommodation only Crystal might not be a good for them.  However, for many such as myself we care a lot about the vast array of offerings on the ship such as enrichment, entertainment, and cuisine not to mention service, the large choice in places to go inside and outside the ship and all of the other amenities offered.  

Choice is good and there is certainly a lot of choice in the cruise market so hopefully there is something there for everyone but I do not recommend cherry picking because you will always find something about most products to like.  In my case I look at the total package.

Keith

I cannot believe that size of cabin is the determining factor for choosing a cruise line!

I'd rather be on Crystal in an inside cabin than on any other line in a suite!

We sail in the PHS or Seabreeze PHS on Crystal and we do find them small than suites on other lines.  Who cares?  On Crystal there is so much great stuff to do we are rarely in the cabin.

2 hours ago, bitob said:

I cannot believe that size of cabin is the determining factor for choosing a cruise line!

I'd rather be on Crystal in an inside cabin than on any other line in a suite!

We sail in the PHS or Seabreeze PHS on Crystal and we do find them small than suites on other lines.  Who cares?  On Crystal there is so much great stuff to do we are rarely in the cabin.

Agree  --   we were in a Serenity B2 last cruise and one of our best in over 20 on other lines in suites.