Cruise Critic Community
riandei

Remind me...luncheon on embarking on Symphony

We have sailed Crystal twice, both Serenity.  Both times we were right off into the dining room for a wonderful lunch.  That being said....are there options up on deck?? On embarkation day??

thanks...getting so much closer Im starting to taste it. (47 days but who’s counting)

37 minutes ago, riandei said:

We have sailed Crystal twice, both Serenity.  Both times we were right off into the dining room for a wonderful lunch.  That being said....are there options up on deck?? On embarkation day??

thanks...getting so much closer Im starting to taste it. (47 days but who’s counting)

There's also lunch up on the Lido deck.

Are you on Serenity or Symphony next?

This was the luncheon schedule on embarkation for Symphony for lunch a couple of months ago.  Things can always change.  Although Serenity has one difference since you asked about Symphony I am providing the their times.

Waterside 11:45 AM  to 1:30 PM

Trident Grill 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM

Bistro 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM

Scoops (well if you wanted ice cream) 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM

Keith

Thanks everyone...its Symphony this time.  Our first sailing on her.

Generally the buffet (Marketplace) isn't open on embarkation day, at least on the Symphony. I generally don't do lunch in Waterside, but always do it on embarkation day.

Patty

23 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Generally the buffet (Marketplace) isn't open on embarkation day, at least on the Symphony. I generally don't do lunch in Waterside, but always do it on embarkation day.

Patty

Patty yes that is the difference between the two. that I alluded to without mentioned the name of the venue.   Serenity now has Marketplace (buffet) opened on embarkation days.  That is a recent change other than the World Cruises with it now opened on embarkations days on Serenity, starting at 12:30 PM.    However, I didn't mention it since the OP will be on Symphony.

Keith

12 hours ago, AtA said:

Are you on Serenity or Symphony next?

I really should learn to read. LOL

Currently on the Symphony..as mentioned, marketplace does not serve lunch on embarkation day.  In addition to Waterside and the trident grill, Silk was open from 1:30 to 3:30.  Silks regular hours, non-embarkation day are 1 to 3.

Nancy

I remember when we took our first Crystal cruise last year and it was evident on boarding the ship that we were going to be treated to a completely different experience. We were gobsmacked by the attention and level of attention and service in the Waterside.   I remember turning to my wife and saying to her this couldn't have started any better.  I look forward to having lunch on the Waterside again and November.

The embarkation lunch is always special.  It's the combination of the first meal, coupled with being back o-board and the excitement of knowing it is the beginning of a fabulous cruise.

Paralax....The nice thing about the second cruise and the ones that follow is when they say "welcome home" and with each succeeding cruise it feels more and more like home.

Our tradition is lunch at Waterside and toasting the start of the cruise with a flute of Champagne and enjoying a Cobb Salad. 

DSC00155.thumb.jpg.4bc63aca8607a794c449c8845e534799.jpgIMG_4423.thumb.jpg.98463c21f4b5178b5359622c4f9892f6.jpg

Keith