Cruise Critic Community
joseph123

Tuscan Grille or Qsine on Infinity?

I am planning on doing one specialty restaurant meal on my upcoming 5 night cruise on the Infinity and am trying to choose which of the two would make for the better experience. Any thoughts or recommendations on which would offer the best ambiance as well as food? Are both not to be missed? I would definitely try both on a 7 night or longer cruise, but on a 5 night thought one might suffice. I don't do sushi so the other restaurant is not an option.

We ate in both the Tuscan Grill and Qsine on our August Summit cruise. While I can't speak for the Infinity, neither meal was a memorable experience but will give the edge to Tuscan. I did hear form a staff member on the cruise that Qsine is now being replaced by Le Petite Chef on the MClass ships.

We just disembarked from the Summit this morning. We ate at Tuscan and Qsine; we’ve also eaten at Tuscan a couple of times on the Silhouette, and at Qsine years ago on the Infinity (as well as on other ships). Food is of course subjective, but we think the food at Tuscan, which used to be so wonderful, is now so uneven that we decided we are done there.  The food has always been good at Qsine.  And yes, Qsine is being replaced by LPC, so this may be your only chance to try it.  It’s a bit gimmicky (ordering on iPads), and many courses of small plates (and not so small!).  You will not go away hungry! 

Enjoy your cruise, and whatever meal you decide! 

Edited by Turtles06

Just off Summit. Ate in Qsine. We love it and enjoyed it as usual. There were 6 of us which helped. We were told old Qsine off Constellation and Millenium in a few weeks. Off Summit sometime in Nov. RIP Qsine. They said there eventually will be 5 different dinners in LPC.

Try to go to both!  Qsine has a wonderful dinner/show-  Qsine has a beautiful view.  If you book a package- cheaper- or book one and when you arrive, try to book the other for the first day- you can get a good discount-  They also might do lunch which is also cheaper.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Qsine has a wonderful dinner/show-

There is no “show” in the original Qsine, only when the venue has been turned into Le Petit Chef.  OP: if that is the case now on Infinity, then what I said above about Qsine would not apply. 

If Qsine is open, that would be my choice.  But try to go with a group as there is a lot of food to sample.  And the portions are often not very small.  So go there really hungry....

We have been disappointed with Tuscan Grill.  Used to be our favorite but not  with the revamped menu.  

We have just come off the Constellation and both times we ate in Tuscan were great. The food was excellent. We ate once in Qsine  which is a bit quirky. Food was okay but we preferred Tuscan.

John

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

There is no “show” in the original Qsine, only when the venue has been turned into Le Petit Chef.  OP: if that is the case now on Infinity, then what I said above about Qsine would not apply. 

Figured that the venue would have been updated to include the "new" Le Petit Chef- Actually, we loved the original Qsine- we ate so many excellent dishes that were served in an unusual fashion, based on the country of origin of the dish.  Since my DH eats different foods then I do, we did order many dishes, even when we were just the two of us- the portion size was adjusted.  No maximum on what you can order.  Enjoy- Both Le Petit Chef and the original Qsine are great! 

Hi Joseph123,

My wife and I sailed on the Infinity this past July and we dined in both Tuscan and Le Petit Chef (formerly Qusine).  Both were very good, but they are definitely different experiences.

Le Petit Chef has a fixed, multi-course menu (with some courses offering an alternative dish) with each course accompanied by an entertaining 'movie' projected on your plate and table.  The food was very good, and each course is served to all diners at the same time by the waitstaff.  I believe there are only two selections of dining time for this venue.

Tuscan is a more 'traditional' venue with a more diverse menu.  The atmosphere is also more traditional and less 'scripted' than Le Petit Chef.  Food here is also very good.  At Tuscan, you can request a dining time you prefer so you are not restricted to the two fixed seatings.

We enjoyed both venues. We've been to Tuscan many times on a variety of Celebrity ships and have always enjoyed it.  This was our first time in Le Petit Chef, and while we enjoyed the 'show' and the meal, we would probably not select this venue as our one-and-only specialty restaurant having experienced it once (but given enough days we would definitely try this again along with other specialty dining).  I believe you cannot go wrong selecting either venue - only you and your wife can decide which sounds like what you would enjoy.

P.S. I've used 'very good' to describe the quality of the food in these venues.  Peoples' taste and food experiences are highly subject to their individual preferences - and subject to being fodder for flaming.  I could have just as easily described the quality / taste of the food in these venues as 'exceptional' and not been exaggerating based on my preferences.

Paul