Cruise Critic Community
kruisey

Mystery Captain

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

Back in the day?! That was actually quite recently that they would send those emails. I remember getting them 18 months ago.

Based on recent emails, it appears that one person is Cruise Director on every ship - the oddly named “Your Cruise Director”.

13 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

Based on recent emails, it appears that one person is Cruise Director on every ship - the oddly named “Your Cruise Director”.

You actually get emails related to your booking? I thought they were trying to save electrons. 😉

It is the noon message that often the Captain gives us all an  interesting chat about our cruise.That is the time I try hard to listen to and many times get the information.It is just on occasions regrettably I cannot understand due to the accent.It would be rude if I said that to his face so I never would that would be unkind .

If Princess can’t find a Captain. I’m willing to help them out😁.

Mr. G are you willing to be second in command? This could be you (See Photo) on the bridge.

C4A53E38-6BBC-4CC5-BEE2-A4E5F32B5447.jpeg

048CFE16-CE85-4B3F-A4AD-DE1BC67AAF12.jpeg

1 hour ago, lstone19 said:

He is Stewart's cousin.  Once removed.

20 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

If Princess can’t find a Captain. I’m willing to help them out😁.

Mr. G are you willing to be second in command? This could be you (See Photo) on the bridge.

048CFE16-CE85-4B3F-A4AD-DE1BC67AAF12.jpeg

I think I could handle that.  I might need some crash training.  And as long as we can show Steelers and Patriots games on MUTS.

Kruisey, On many cruises the noon report is done by the Officer of the Watch and not the Captain.

He starts with This is the officer of the Watch-------------.

On our most recent cruise, every activity that normally the Captain attends was done by the Staff Captain (Most traveled Luncheon, Captains circle party, Captain's Farewell Party. It was explained because of fog, Captain had to be on the Bridge. This was a 16 day cruise. So in this case, didn't matter who the Captain was, we never got to see him although we heard him every time prior to sailing from a port.

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

You actually get emails related to your booking? I thought they were trying to save electrons. 😉

I got e-mails about my last 2 cruises (May and Sept this year). The Sept was the first that didn't name a specific cruise director. The e-mail for the May trip on Star named one CD but we had a different one (Matt Baker, who was terrific) do to an emergency.

We were on a Regal Baltic Cruise last month and we had Captain Tim Stringer.  We loved his noon announcements because he gave interesting (to us) information about our schedule, expected speed, ocean depth, topography, and how he would be using the engines and thrusters when we were leaving a port.  We loved hearing about the seamanship involved in navigating the vessel.  We also saw and were greeted by Captain Stringer a couple of times as he walked through the atrium.  Would love to sail with him again.

One of the channels on the TV allowed us to hear the announcements without opening the cabin door.  Can’t remember which one.

Captain is the guy in charge

Really does not matter whom they are...... they are all good...

Also might only see them a couple of times on a cruise

the crew is more important as you deal with them on many times a day

Cheers Don

Captain Dino Sagani gives wonderful informative announcements - especially in the middle of the night when the fire alarms start to go off!  I think he became one of the Majestic's captains when it was launched.