Norwegian Star Penthouse with large balcony 9236

There's a YouTube video here (if you haven't already seen it)    

We had this suite last March for a Mexican Riviera cruise.   The room was the standard aft suite we've had on the Jewel Class ships, and Star.   We were disappointed in the depth of the balcony compared to the Jewel class aft balconies.  Still, we could sit out on the balcony and enjoy the aft views.  We have a Star reservation next year and have decided to not get an aft suite

due to the small size of the balcony.   

It can be a bit of a walk to get to mid-ship and beyond.  If you don''t mind the walk, the location is quiet.  We did have a problem with the butler not wanting to get dinner from the specialty restaurants for in-suite dining. However, an inquiry

to the hotel director got a quick response from both the hotel director and concierge and we were able to have in-suite

dining from the specialty restaurants.   I suspect the number of rooms the butler was responsible for and the distance to the specialty restaurants from the aft cabins had something to do with the butler not wanting to provide that service.  But this had not been a problem on previous NCL cruises in aft suites.

Did you have other specific questions about this suite?

16 minutes ago, banjineer said:

There's a YouTube video here (if you haven't already seen it)    

We had this suite last March for a Mexican Riviera cruise.   The room was the standard aft suite we've had on the Jewel Class ships, and Star.   We were disappointed in the depth of the balcony compared to the Jewel class aft balconies.  Still, we could sit out on the balcony and enjoy the aft views.  We have a Star reservation next year and have decided to not get an aft suite

due to the small size of the balcony.   

It can be a bit of a walk to get to mid-ship and beyond.  If you don''t mind the walk, the location is quiet.  We did have a problem with the butler not wanting to get dinner from the specialty restaurants for in-suite dining. However, an inquiry

to the hotel director got a quick response from both the hotel director and concierge and we were able to have in-suite

dining from the specialty restaurants.   I suspect the number of rooms the butler was responsible for and the distance to the specialty restaurants from the aft cabins had something to do with the butler not wanting to provide that service.  But this had not been a problem on previous NCL cruises in aft suites.

Did you have other specific questions about this suite?

I think you have covered most things, I too was a bit worried about the size of the balcony be so narrow when I saw a photo as I am in a wheelchair which isn’t that big, but it’s nice to be able to look out see the sea, I can’t turn my neck so wouldn’t be able to see much if I was on a lounger.