Carnival Elation rerouted to Nassau

Haveuseen1

September 22, 2019

Dear Carnival Elation Guest,

We are experiencing an issue that is affecting our maximum cruising speed. Our team has been working through the night to complete the necessary work. It is now apparent that we will not be able to visit Amber Cove and Grand Turk, as planned. We have been able to secure an overnight stay in Nassau. We will arrive on Monday at 8:00 AM and depart on Tuesday at 8:00 AM.

We know you were looking forward to your time in Amber Cove and Grand Turk and sincerely apologize for this disappointment. We will be posting an onboard credit of US$100.00, per person, to your Sail & Sign® account and extending a 50% future cruise credit so you can come back and enjoy the itinerary you had planned.* Additionally, pre-purchased Carnival excursions along with any difference in taxes, fees, and port expenses will be automatically posted to your Sail & Sign® account.

We’re sure you’ll enjoy the white-sand beaches and balmy breezes Nassau has to offer. Whether you’re shopping in the wide array of stores, sightseeing, or swimming, you’ll be sure to leave with lots of beautiful memories. For fun tours in Nassau, please visit the Shore Excursions desk or the Carnival HUB app.

Once again, we apologize for this unexpected change and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Captain Gianluca Longhin

Excellent.  I am on the Elation and got a letter although my letter does not mention anything about an issue with maximum speed.  I asked a few crew members and they said for our safety.

either way little disappointed in not going to AC and GT, but having a wonderful time and Nassau will be great.

thanks 

Hopefully the issue is fixed.  From the letter it appears they first though it was an issue they could fix overnight without having to disturb the intended itinerary, but came up short in the repair.  They are currently sailing toward Port Canaveral at a slow 9ish knots per hour.  I'm not sure if they are sailing slow because they want to port on time tomorrow morning and are much closer than they intended to be, or if they are slow because they don't have full power.  I board on 10/19 and expect that any issue will be long resolved by then.

16 hours ago, Autumnrose said:

I depart in 10 days. I called Carnival and the lady I spoke to didn't have a clue. She didn't know about it and couldn't find any information on if it's been fixed.

10 days is a long time.  Try to relax.  You will still likely be cruising...maybe different ports, but either way you are on a cruise.

13 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

10 days is a long time.  Try to relax.  You will still likely be cruising...maybe different ports, but either way you are on a cruise.

Just trying to figure out if they fixed it. I mean I doubt they will let the ship go out still broke. I guess we'll know this Saturday if it goes on it's next sailing.

47 minutes ago, Autumnrose said:

Just trying to figure out if they fixed it. I mean I doubt they will let the ship go out still broke. I guess we'll know this Saturday if it goes on it's next sailing.

She is scheduled to sail tomorrow  9/26 for 4 days, then on Mon 9/30 she will start a 5 day to Grand Turk and Amber cove I have family booked on that one. No news yet of any changes.... 

2 hours ago, Autumnrose said:

True enough.  Hopefully they will get it fixed.  I just got off the Horizon on Saturday, and I am suffering cruise withdrawal symptoms!

19 minutes ago, NewGirl1 said:

Emdia43, was your ship supposed to go to Nassau? Or is this in addition to your regular itinerary? 

The cruise my family members are booked on is 9/30, which is scheduled to go to Amber cove and Grand Turk. CVL had no info regarding any itinerary change. The only thing she knew was that the 9/26 cruise ( original itinerary pre Dorian was Freeport and Nassau)  would now have extra time in Nassau. She could not elaborate, that's all she had....