Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
CHATTACRUISER

Just received Guaranteed Room Assignment!

I just wanted to share the exciting news that I have received my Guaranteed Inside Room assignment for our Carnival Freedom Panama Canal Cruise in 5 weeks. I know cabin assignment can vary greatly and we are pleased to have received it so quickly. I never dreamed we would be put on a higher deck and am very happy to report we are on the 9th floor (Lido Deck). No long waits for the elevator to get to the buffet this time!

Never booked a guarantee and I'm sure if I looked I could find the answer but I'm curious. Once they assign you a cabin can they change it or does that mean you are locked in to that cabin for sure.

10 hours ago, geoffrywillhardt said:

Never booked a guarantee and I'm sure if I looked I could find the answer but I'm curious. Once they assign you a cabin can they change it or does that mean you are locked in to that cabin for sure.

Wow! I never even considered that they could possibly change it. This is our first experience with a Guaranteed room. I suppose anything is possible!

13 hours ago, CHATTACRUISER said:

Wow! I never even considered that they could possibly change it. This is our first experience with a Guaranteed room. I suppose anything is possible!

Sorry I hope I didn't ruin your day lol. I'm really not sure how it works, Ive always been to scared to book a guarantee because my wife wants to stay as close to the middle of the ship as possible to avoid motion sickness. I wish you could do guarantee middle, forward, or aft so you had a say in that but didn't care what deck you were on, but even as I say that I don't think I would actually book it. I think I would still just book the room that I wanted so I'm not going in blind.