Jump to content

I wish Princess would....


Recommended Posts

i do hate seeing people treat service employees poorly anywhere.  i wonder how worth it it is to report when we see that. 

 

i've yet to do anytime dining, so i can't comment on that.  i prefer traditional dining, i like knowing my waitstaff each night. it makes it seem more special. i remember my first cruise i was scared about it, but ended up liking it,  although i do prefer smaller or round tables.  some ships i have been on had long banquet tables, and its just impossible to have any conversations a those. i always feel like i'm in between 2 conversations and i can contribute nothing of meaning to either.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jasbo49 said:

... give it to us straight when we board the ship and ask which dining room is open. 

 

... design new ships to include a sofa in standard balcony cabins like the rest of the civilized world. 

 

Jim

 

Totally agree, Jim - if not a sofa, at least a love seat in Balcony cabins. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  Change the service in the buffets to being served cafeteria-style like on HAL as opposed to the buffet with people touching food.  Could help a lot with Noro.

 

2. Help the DJ's evaluate their crowd.  While I grew up with music of the 60's and early 70's, I realize time didn't stop there.  However, more than once we have been on a Princess cruise with a DJ playing boompa-boompa tunes to an empty dance floor.  I asked if he could play some Stones, Doobie Bros, Motown or R&B.  He did and the dance floor filled up.  When the song was done, he went back to the boompa-boompa and the dance floor was again empty and many left the venue.  Lost drink sales.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Princess would issue a public statement regarding exactly how onboard gratuities are collected and distributed and include a definitive statement regarding gratuities that a passenger pays directly to a crew member.

 

I wish Princess would return the barrel chair.

 

I wish Princess would restore the BOGO or at least devise another program to take its place.

 

I wish Princess would let me speak directly with the EZ Air folks rather than making me speak to someone who then speaks to them.

 

I wish Princess would include some OV cabins in their new builds.

 

I wish Princess would publish the daily MDR dinner/lunch menus or at least put them on the TV so they are easy to check for the day.

 

I wish Princess would offer more Trans Pacific cruises - LA to Sydney.

 

I wish the DJ or the band in a venue would look around and realize the passengers are mostly old farts who have absolutely zero interest in the crappy modern stuff they think is music.

 

I wish every cruise had a jazz quartet/quintet from the orchestra that would play some evenings.

 

I wish someone with a clue would vet the acts that are hired so we never have to experience the "everybody leaves when this person starts playing" syndrome.

 

Edited by Thrak
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bemidji Ty said:

1.  Change the service in the buffets to being served cafeteria-style like on HAL as opposed to the buffet with people touching food.  Could help a lot with Noro.

 

2. Help the DJ's evaluate their crowd.  While I grew up with music of the 60's and early 70's, I realize time didn't stop there.  However, more than once we have been on a Princess cruise with a DJ playing boompa-boompa tunes to an empty dance floor.  I asked if he could play some Stones, Doobie Bros, Motown or R&B.  He did and the dance floor filled up.  When the song was done, he went back to the boompa-boompa and the dance floor was again empty and many left the venue.  Lost drink sales.

 

Exactly on #2. Went to Club Fusion one night with my teenage daughter and the DJ was playing rap type music, not one person on the dance floor. I went to the DJ and asked if he would play Pharrell Williams "Happy" song and a lot of people got up and danced. The DJ played a couple more songs like that and everyone stayed on the floor dancing. He then went back to the rap music ( I guess that's what he wanted to listen to) and no one was dancing. We left at that point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

 

Exactly on #2. Went to Club Fusion one night with my teenage daughter and the DJ was playing rap type music, not one person on the dance floor. I went to the DJ and asked if he would play Pharrell Williams "Happy" song and a lot of people got up and danced. The DJ played a couple more songs like that and everyone stayed on the floor dancing. He then went back to the rap music ( I guess that's what he wanted to listen to) and no one was dancing. We left at that point.

 

This is sooooooooooo common. Happens on every cruise. There is always a DJ and they rarely play anything the passengers want to listen to or dance to. It's mind boggling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Princess would return to 6:00 pm for early traditional dining.  They already have 2 other dining rooms that start dining at 5:00 pm.  Why do ALL dining rooms have to start at 5:00 pm?

 

i also wish they would bring back BOGO or a variation of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Princess would:

 

—turn down the volume of the shows in the theatre and music venues (and often even at MUTS). If you have to wear earplugs in order to avoid having ringing ears at the end of the program or song, then it’s too loud. When the music in a bar or atrium is meant to be background entertainment, then guests should be able to continue conversations instead of having to shout.

 

—make it easy to find the TV channel where you can hear the announcements vs. having to run over to the cabin door. Yes, I realize that there are useless announcements (i.e. the art auction is starting soon, etc.) but we do like hearing the noon one from the bridge and those that state which deck & location is open for disembarking at a port.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

 

This is sooooooooooo common. Happens on every cruise. There is always a DJ and they rarely play anything the passengers want to listen to or dance to. It's mind boggling.

I totally agree about the DJ, doesn't anyone check on them to see if passengers are enjoying the music.  Also I wish Princess would bring back Happy Hour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bemidji Ty said:

1.  Change the service in the buffets to being served cafeteria-style like on HAL as opposed to the buffet with people touching food.  Could help a lot with Noro.

 

2. Help the DJ's evaluate their crowd.  While I grew up with music of the 60's and early 70's, I realize time didn't stop there.  However, more than once we have been on a Princess cruise with a DJ playing boompa-boompa tunes to an empty dance floor.  I asked if he could play some Stones, Doobie Bros, Motown or R&B.  He did and the dance floor filled up.  When the song was done, he went back to the boompa-boompa and the dance floor was again empty and many left the venue.  Lost drink sales.

Yes, #1 makes a lot of sense.

 

And I cannot disagree with #2, though we prefer live music.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jasbo49 said:

... give it to us straight when we board the ship and ask which dining room is open. 

 

 

Just look it up on the back page of the Patter which is in your stateroom or, if the cabin isn't available yet, at the customer service desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:

I wish Princess would have covered pools/solarium pools on all their ships like Celebrity does. 

 

You beat me to it!!!

Not sure why Princess discontinued indoor pools. I understand Royal class has different design, but Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby easily could have one of 4 indoor ones!

 

Ships that sail to New England/Canada during the Fall must have it. We only consider ships with this feature for these itins and it is the only itin from Northeast.

 

- Speaking of which. I wish Princess reinstated Bermuda/Caribbean itin from NYC.

Edited by Tatka
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gotta cruise again said:

I wish Princess would:

 

—turn down the volume of the shows in the theatre and music venues (and often even at MUTS). If you have to wear earplugs in order to avoid having ringing ears at the end of the program or song, then it’s too loud. When the music in a bar or atrium is meant to be background entertainment, then guests should be able to continue conversations instead of having to shout.

 

Along the same lines, I wish they would close caption MUTS.  Movies wouldn't need to be so loud and it certainly would help us follow along  (we've gotten used to doing it most of the time at home).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Offer a variety of popular drinks for the Elite cocktail hour. Haven't been to the evening event since they eliminated the chairman of the board and the cosmo. Heck, be like Celebrity and make them free and have crew go around with simple snacks. Oh, and does Princess think we're totally stupid when they hold the shrimp tower night on the evening when the ship is in port until very late and most passengers are on shore? 

Good brewed coffee on all of the ships! 

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill
OMG, forgot the coffee!
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

 

Along the same lines, I wish they would close caption MUTS.  Movies wouldn't need to be so loud and it certainly would help us follow along  (we've gotten used to doing it most of the time at home).

Especially for some of those English movies. They might as well be speaking Chinese in some of them. :classic_laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...