I wish Princess would....

Loritd

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:17 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I wish Princess would crank up their air-conditioning a bit. At the coldest setting it is too warm for me. 22C/72F should be the mid point setting not the lowest. We've had cabin temp issues over the past couple of years, on Royal, Majestic, Diamond and Sea, but I don't recall it being a problem before that.

I also wish they would improve the water pressure to the cabins. On at least three cruises the cold water pressure was so low it came out of the handbasin tap in a trickle, and it was impossible to have a cool shower.

Agree! Just off the Crown TA and I concur the temps onboard were quite warm. Even when the thermostat was at its lowest setting, the room stayed warm. We called the PS desk and an Engineer came up and adjusted something - it worked for awhile before gradually creeping upwards again. This really gets annoyingly uncomfortable when it's costume party time (aka Formal Night), particularly in the MDR. 

On 9/23/2019 at 1:17 PM, capriccio said:

Along the same lines, I wish they would close caption MUTS.  Movies wouldn't need to be so loud and it certainly would help us follow along  (we've gotten used to doing it most of the time at home).

The problem being is that it's incredibly distracting for those who don't need captioning.

My wife is a bit deef so we have captions enabled on our home TVs. I find myself reading my movies instead of watching them.

bring back Happy Hours -> and offer complimentary appetizers at pre-dinner Happy Hour 

make Wine Packages visible on their website and then make them available to pre-purchase online 

bring back the chair in balcony cabins

allow us to use OBC to pre-purchase things other than just Shore Excursions

change up their Caribbean itineraries! 

• Like 3

More space between tables in the MDR.

Had the bad luck of having a “Chatty Kathy” and her hubby, and another chatty couple sitting in my area of the MDR.   Every night,  continuous and nonstop talking throughout dinner.  And at eardrum breaking volume.  So annoying.   Couldn’t ask for a table change because there was non available.

• Like 1

Guest arowe6
8 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Had the bad luck of having a “Chatty Kathy” and her hubby, and another chatty couple sitting in my area of the MDR.   Every night,  continuous and nonstop talking throughout dinner.  And at eardrum breaking volume.  So annoying.   Couldn’t ask for a table change because there was non available.

That’s one of the reasons why we stopped eating in the dining room. In addition to declining service I refuse to be seated on top of someone else. I have a photo somewhere of approximately 5 inches between our table and the table next to us. 

Andrew 🙂

I wish Princess would design the faucets in the public restrooms so that they were farther over the sink. And also get better quality paper towels.

I wish Princess wouldn't let the art auctioneer make announcements. Or does he really think that the people who want to buy art are too stupid to read?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Airborne!

Had the same thing in August. Fortunately, the MD was able to move us.

6 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

The sad thing about this is that it is pretty much a "table for two" thing. Folks who really want to dine with just the two of them are seated 10 -12 inches away from the next "table for two". I was pretty boggled when we actually asked for a table for two (normally we just had TD or, if we had ATD, we shared) and was seated elbow to elbow with another "table for two". We actually had more separation when at a table for 4, 6, or 10. Why should a "table for two" offer less separation from other diners? Pretty bizarre.

Normally I don't mind sharing nor does my wife. I'm what is kindly called "gregarious". I talk to the checker in the store. I talk to lots of folks. I do know how to "take a hint" though. Some don't. Even though I am gregarious I know what it is to be seated next to "that guy" who never can shut up and is the "most important person in the room" and wants everybody to know that is the case. I am a talker but I am not "important". (My wife will give some sort of "gentle" notice if I get too "blatherly". We've been married a very long time... I trust her on this.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, geoherb said:

I wish Princess wouldn't let the art auctioneer make announcements. Or does he really think that the people who want to buy art are too stupid to read?

Well, they do buy the overpriced computer printouts the auctioneer calls art.

(From an inkjet printer with the result having the fancy name of gi·clée.)

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

The sad thing about this is that it is pretty much a "table for two" thing. Folks who really want to dine with just the two of them are seated 10 -12 inches away from the next "table for two". I was pretty boggled when we actually asked for a table for two (normally we just had TD or, if we had ATD, we shared) and was seated elbow to elbow with another "table for two". We actually had more separation when at a table for 4, 6, or 10. Why should a "table for two" offer less separation from other diners? Pretty bizarre.

Normally I don't mind sharing nor does my wife. I'm what is kindly called "gregarious". I talk to the checker in the store. I talk to lots of folks. I do know how to "take a hint" though. Some don't. Even though I am gregarious I know what it is to be seated next to "that guy" who never can shut up and is the "most important person in the room" and wants everybody to know that is the case. I am a talker but I am not "important". (My wife will give some sort of "gentle" notice if I get too "blatherly". We've been married a very long time... I trust her on this.)

And another difference between a table for 4 or more and tables for 2 bunched together is that on the former you are all at the same point of the meal service. It is much harder to have a meaningful conversation when your table service is not in sync.

3 hours ago, steelers36 said:

They do change them up.  Only thing is, their idea of a change up is to change the order of visiting.

There are only so many Caribbean Islands, & only so many that can accommodate today's large ships, & only so many pier spots available on each island. What exactly would you like them to change? 

Edited by richsea
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, richsea said:

There are only so many Caribbean Islands, & only so many that can accommodate today's large ships, & only so many pier spots available on each island. What exactly would you like them to change? 

There are quite a few islands that cruise ships somehow manage to get to only on "Special Holiday Sailings". The below is a prime example where Princess is concerned. Why not offer these islands on a regular basis?

Roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Edited by canadarocks
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

There are quite a few islands that cruise ships somehow manage to get to only on "Special Holiday Sailings". The below is a prime example where Princess is concerned. Why not offer these islands on a regular basis?

Roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

which small ship is this ?

16 minutes ago, richsea said:

more to Grand Turks and even Amber Cove ...

11 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Pacific Princess Dec. 22 2019

Pacific Princess is only 30,000 GRT. I don't know if a 100,000GRT ship can visit those smaller island mentioned. Look, I agree that it would be nice to change things up; I just think there's a lot more to it than saying just go there.

6 minutes ago, richsea said:

Pacific Princess is only 30,000 GRT. I don't know if a 100,000GRT ship can visit those smaller island mentioned. Look, I agree that it would be nice to change things up; I just think there's a lot more to it than saying just go there.

I know that obviously the larger ships cannot visit the smaller ports. But wouldn't it be nice if one of the smaller ships was available in the Caribbean on a regular basis to do these "special" itineraries? I think there would be a clientele who would be willing to pay more. 🙂 

Edited by canadarocks

4 minutes ago, richsea said:

We were scheduled to stop at Gran Turk on Royal a couple of years ago, but skipped it for some reason. Isn't Amber Cove a private island?

owned by Carnival Corp ... I've seen it on a couple of Princess  itineraries

1 hour ago, richsea said:

Nothing I can think of.  I was going to add your thought, but forgot and did not return in time before editing was locked.  It really is the same thing as cruising the Med or the Baltic.  Same ports every year.  Like it or not.  One can always look for something different to do when repeating a port.  I find the Caribbean relaxing and interesting with good water temps.

34 minutes ago, richsea said:

We were scheduled to stop at Gran Turk on Royal a couple of years ago, but skipped it for some reason. Isn't Amber Cove a private island?

29 minutes ago, voljeep said:

owned by Carnival Corp ... I've seen it on a couple of Princess  itineraries

Amber Cove is not an island.  It is located on the north shore of Dominican Republic, just north-west of Puerto Plata.

• Thanks 1