I wish Princess would....

Loritd

16 hours ago, caribill said:

Princess had trouble filling up the ships with a SJ embarkation. Too many people would not book that because of the added cost of flying from/to the USA mainland to/from San Juan.  As a result Princess had to greatly reduce the pricing on the cabins to attract local residents in order to fill up the ships.

Celebrity & Royal Caribbean always are lowering fares to fill their ships sailing from San Juan, out go to choice for cheap sailings.

1 hour ago, Mainiac85 said:

I wish Princess would offer discounted drink packages, instead of just the Sip & Sail!!🍹

Packages that allowed no more than 5, 7, or 10 drinks per day would be good but not likely to happen.

• Like 1

Some great ideas in this thread.  I am definitely in favor of the traditional promenade deck like on the Grand class.  We love walking laps, people watching and sitting with a great view of the sea.  I also love the idea of free coins for the laundromat in place of the free laundry.  How about more cruises to the southern Caribbean including Aruba, Bonaire and Curaco.  

• Like 3

On 9/23/2019 at 11:29 AM, jasbo49 said:

... give it to us straight when we board the ship and ask which dining room is open. 

... design new ships to include a sofa in standard balcony cabins like the rest of the civilized world. 

Jim

what cruise line have you seen this on, in a balcony?  We have cruised 9 lines over the years, only see i mini suite category??

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

WE sailed in a sideways inside cabin to check it out. The closets (I think there were 3?) had doors and there was plenty of room in them. We thought the layout was very nice.

On the Royal class they do not have doors. On the Grand/Crown classes they do have the doors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Packages that allowed no more than 5, 7, or 10 drinks per day would be good but not likely to happen.

he object of the beverage package from the view of Princess is to make $$$ on it as most people will not use up the daily value in drinks.

The main reason for the 15 drink limit per day is to make sure users do not drink so much that the package is not profitable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pris993 said:

what cruise line have you seen this on, in a balcony?  We have cruised 9 lines over the years, only see i mini suite category??

We've had a sofa on every cruise line other than Princess. That includes Royal Caribbean, Carnival, NCL and Celebrity. Actually, the Royal Caribbean cruise and one of the Carnivals weren't even balcony cabins. They were OV cabins and still had a sofa.

Jim

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pris993 said:

Just about every mass market cruise line has small sofa in a basic room including inside rooms except Princess. 

On 9/25/2019 at 1:16 AM, caribill said:

Princess had trouble filling up the ships with a SJ embarkation. Too many people would not book that because of the added cost of flying from/to the USA mainland to/from San Juan.  As a result Princess had to greatly reduce the pricing on the cabins to attract local residents in order to fill up the ships.

At this point I think I sailed out of S J more than Ft Lauderdale. Most times the flights to SJU were less than Ft Lauderdale but I live in NY where there are a mass selection of flights. If Princess was still Repositioning to NY for the Summer I would be sailing more with them. However they can’t complete with the competition in this market so they only sail Canada/New England now. Someday soon we will  be repositioning to Florida so things may be different then. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

I wish Princess would not make me walk through the buffet to get to areas on the other end of the ship. I wash my hands thoroughly in my cabin, leave the cabin and either use the stairs or else push the elevator buttons with my knuckle, walk through the buffet - without stopping to wash again or use the sanitizer - and get dirty looks. I'm not there to eat and have just washed with hot water and soap. Why do they set things up so you have to walk through the buffet?

That’s a good question and obvious a poor design. Why would you want unnecessary traffic passing through a high traffic area?  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Just about every mass market cruise line has small sofa in a basic room including inside rooms except Princess. 

The Grand Class ships are smaller than the larger RC ships like the Anthem, so sofas may not work, but the barrel chairs worked fine. I enjoyed looking out of the window while sitting in the barrel chairs, especially on cold cruising days when the balcony could not be used. The barrel chairs were also convenient for company.  From the pictures posted, it looks like the RC cabins are narrower and deeper than the Grand Class ships, which works to include a sofa because the ships are much larger.    

Edited by Mackenzie1

I wish Princess would designate one of the main pools as family/kids and the other as adults only.  Too often both pools and the accompanying hot tubs are taken over by kids just being annoying.  (And I understand that on the Crown, for example, there is an adults pool by the spa - but it's not in the sun - and another pool at the back of the ship but that area is small.

I wish Princess would sail to Bermuda out of NYC.

2 minutes ago, Kimba2 said:

(And I understand that on the Crown, for example, there is an adults pool by the spa - but it's not in the sun - and another pool at the back of the ship but that area is small.

Shade is at a premium at both pools. 

9 hours ago, caribill said:

he object of the beverage package from the view of Princess is to make $$$ on it as most people will not use up the daily value in drinks.

The main reason for the 15 drink limit per day is to make sure users do not drink so much that the package is not profitable.

I think the main reason for the limit on drinks is to help stop people "sharing" their package. Those who abused the package by getting drinks for others are almost certainly the reason Princess changed from "unlimited" (which, of course, was never actually the case) to a limited number of drinks. I do agree that they won't offer lesser packages as those wouldn't have the built-in profitability offered by the current package. Why should they?

• Like 1

A lot of good suggestions here!

A few that are not....

I think that all of this could be summed up in one 'wish'.

I wish Princess would give some consideration to all of these ideas and calling out of their shortcomings.

But, won't happen.

Heads up, people, they really don't care.

They have heard all of this a million times over, and they just don't care.

And, that is too bad, because I really love the Princess product.  But all of the 'buts' make it harder to love Princess, every single day.

With all of the shortcomings and cut-backs, it comes across as Princess trying to be great cruise line, but in many ways the product. (accommodations, food, etc..) are Holiday Inn Express or Motel Six.

I do realize that it is all about the bottom line,  but when one can cruise now for the same price as 10 or even 20 years ago...  I would rather see fares increase, and get a great cruise experience for the money.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I think the main reason for the limit on drinks is to help stop people "sharing" their package. Those who abused the package by getting drinks for others are almost certainly the reason Princess changed from "unlimited" (which, of course, was never actually the case) to a limited number of drinks. I do agree that they won't offer lesser packages as those wouldn't have the built-in profitability offered by the current package. Why should they?

They never will since lots of people don't share & Princess is coming out way ahead of the deal. 

They should just offer a 15 drink electronic program like the coffee program & let people do as they please. This way no one would have to hide their purchases in order to enjoy them & could order 2 drinks at a time without having to go to a different bar to get another.