Jump to content

Platinum/FTTF Early Cabin Access


Recommended Posts

My husband is turning Platinum on our upcoming cruise (finally, yay!!!) and I was curious how early access to the cabins works?  I noticed that the big doors to the cabin hallways are always closed with a sign saying something to the effect of they would be available around 1, so do you just go through those doors and straight to your room?  Just curious how it works since we're taking the kids on their first cruise and don't want to drag them all over the ship trying to get to our room if there is some special way that you need to go to get access.  We would just want to drop off our water/soda/carryons so we can hit the pool right away!  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually the signs say No access to the rooms until 1 except D/P& FTTF

But yes go thru the doors to your cabin.   On the newer ships ( I'm not sure about the older ones) there is a mailbox out side your cabin with you room key in it.  People that aren't supposed to be early there mailbox is empty so they can't get into there room early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bases5 said:

Usually the signs say No access to the rooms until 1 except D/P& FTTF

 

 

I haven't seen that wording for quite a while - the last couple of cruises just said something about cabins to ready until 1:30 - I guess they figure we know if we are able to go through them or not... like others have said, your keys will be there, others won't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

Usually the signs say No access to the rooms until 1 except D/P& FTTF

But yes go thru the doors to your cabin.   On the newer ships ( I'm not sure about the older ones) there is a mailbox out side your cabin with you room key in it.  People that aren't supposed to be early there mailbox is empty so they can't get into there room early.

 

I agree with the above, however, they have removed the verbiage that indicates that Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF are OK to enter.  Best that I remember (and I'm 98% sure on this), the sign now says simply that the rooms won't be ready until X time.  However, if you are priority, you can enter and go to your room.

 

Garnett

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beachbum6264 said:

 

I haven't seen that wording for quite a while - the last couple of cruises just said something about cabins to ready until 1:30 - I guess they figure we know if we are able to go through them or not... like others have said, your keys will be there, others won't. 

  It said it on the Horizons 3 weeks ago.  But then again I may have added words.

I did like seeing only a few mail boxes had sail & sign envelopes.  Great way to stop people from sneaking into there cabin early

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bases5 said:

  It said it on the Horizons 3 weeks ago.  But then again I may have added words.

I did like seeing only a few mail boxes had sail & sign envelopes.  Great way to stop people from sneaking into there cabin early


Yes, it is.  That's another advantage of the new way Carnival gives out the cards.  People can't sneak into their cabin before it's ready.  I'm sure the people cleaning the cabins appreciate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For our second to the  last cruise, we had FTTF.  Got to our cabin and it wasn't ready yet.  Our last cruise, we were Platinum and our cabin wasn't ready yet.  In both  cases, we were allowed to put our carry ons in the cabin.  With so many people turning Platinum and FTTF, the stewards can't get all of those cabins ready before boarding starts.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

For our second to the  last cruise, we had FTTF.  Got to our cabin and it wasn't ready yet.  Our last cruise, we were Platinum and our cabin wasn't ready yet.  In both  cases, we were allowed to put our carry ons in the cabin.  With so many people turning Platinum and FTTF, the stewards can't get all of those cabins ready before boarding starts.  

 

I'm just happy to have access to drop bags. If its not ready yet, no biggie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

"We would just want to drop off our water/soda/carryons so we can hit the pool right away!  Thanks!"

 

Please note that bottled water is no longer allowed and soda has to be in cans. You can also bring on 1 750ml bottle of wine per adult.

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.  I had no idea, though water to us translates to "fizzy water" which is in cans, so we should be good!  And you can definitely bet we'll be bringing our two bottles of wine!  :o)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, elmojessi said:

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.  I had no idea, though water to us translates to "fizzy water" which is in cans, so we should be good!  And you can definitely bet we'll be bringing our two bottles of wine!  🐵

Good for you. 🙂 Enjoy your cruise and fizzy water.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

I don't understand why they don't have signs saying D/P/FTTF are allowed to enter???

 

Someone asked that question at a Q&A with the CD on a cruise I was on a year or so ago. His answer was that people with priority know they are allowed to enter the hallways and the current signs do a better job of keeping non-priority people from entering hallways before 1:30 PM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of get what Carnival is doing, putting the "open to some", I know what it really says, making a point. People might think if they can go through the doors too. and break the rules. I would assume if a newbie with FTTF might ask customer service why they can't access their cabin. just saying

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, coevan said:

I kind of get what Carnival is doing, putting the "open to some", I know what it really says, making a point. People might think if they can go through the doors too. and break the rules. I would assume if a newbie with FTTF might ask customer service why they can't access their cabin. just saying

I totally get this, and I would be totally confused had I not found these boards before my first FTTF cruise.  And even then, when I was told I would see a sign and to ignore it, I felt uneasy about just walking through the doors.  At some point we ended up finding a way to our room without going through the "restricted" doors though, lol.  I think we just got lucky.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've wheeled my one piece of luggage onto a Carnival ship, up the elevator to my deck, through the closed doors and into my cabin about 30 times so far since becoming Platinum and then Diamond.

 

I don't think twice about going to my cabin, it's what I routinely expect, and I've always found it ready.  I've always been able to unpack my luggage and then begin to relax and start enjoying my cruise.  Entitled or Expected, it's what I'm accustomed to on Carnival.  JMO, YMMV.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...