Help please with Ship to Airport in Vancouver

We just booked a flight out of Vancouver for next June after our Cruise on the Serenade of the Seas. We booked an 11:30 AM flight going to Seattle. How is the time. Do you think it’s ok?  We booked it today but now I’m having second thoughts. It will be a Sunday morning but I’m not sure about traffic and how far the airport is from the cruise terminal.  Anyone come off a cruise ship in Vancouver with a late morning flight? Do you think we are ok?  I can cancel within 24 hours so any information will be great. 

Thanks.  

As a personal preference, I like to post here rather than on the RCI board.

I will disagree with some and advise you to change it to afternoon. First of all, (for me) the stress of the final morning would undo everything that week's wonderful cruise to Alaska had done. 😕  I looked up all of the June dates for Serenade in Vancouver, and they are all four-ship days (Sunday). That's a heckuva lot of passengers trying to get to the airport at once. As mentioned, we do not have Uber or others here yet but maybe by June things will be in place. It's up in the air. As mentioned, you have to pre-clear US Customs and Immigration and that can be a long line.

A thought - your final destination is JFK - what aboutdirect flights from Vancouver? There must be. That would save you a step, but I realize it might be more expensive. Either way, flying into the US out of Vancouver is considered a domestic flight at your arrival city so that doesn't matter.

I read you will self disembark and take a cab. Your decision, but it makes for a hectic morning and rest of the day, in my opinion.

Actually, if the OP had read on the West Coast Departures board( Vancouver is not in Alaska), they would see that 11:30 is the typical earliest recommended flight. And the fact that you need to clear US Immigration and Customs at the airport takes time.

So, if you don't have any mobility issues, get the earliest possible transport to the airport, and perhaps have Global Entry, you can make it. Otherwise, you need to move with focus. It will be less than relaxing.

Allow enough time at the airport. Doing US and Canadian immigration takes time as well as clearing security. TSA not honored so its shoes off, etc. Also, our gate was way across the airport. We had a 2pm flight, left the ship at 15 after 9. We had a short wait to board.

I.can easily make this flight. BUT under the following circumstances-     Self debark -  ready early for first bunch off the ship.    Haul yourself direct to Skytrain.    To airport.  I also have Global Entry.    

Is this procedure doable with you?

• 2 weeks later...