Upgrade from 'House' to Premium Beverage Package?

FengShui@Sea

We just booked the Oceania Regatta April 4, 2021 sailing from Tahiti to San Francisco.  We chose the 'House Beverage Package' from the O-Life options.  It only includes wine or beer with lunch and dinner.  (Good grief!)  Can anyone tell me if once on board we would be able to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package?  The price difference seems to me $20 per day, per person.  TIA

We just did a 7 day trip on Insignia where we had OLife House Beverage and upgraded-- saved a ton of $$. If you have 3 or more drinks per day it makes sense. The thing they don't tell you is the published prices on the bar menus are for single pours which is less volume than what you would expect at any normal bar in the US when you order a drink. If you ask for a double sometimes the drinks were in the $28 range for the high end stuff. We got all that for $20 per person, per day. 

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me if you can get the House beverages with lunch if you eat in Waves? Or do you have to go to the GDR? Same question for the buffet.

Hmm, I guess my question is--can you only get the beer or wine with meals if you sit in the GDR?

55 minutes ago, aquidneck1 said:

You can get it at any place that serves food for lunch or dinner.  Sometimes the service is a bit slow in the Terrace Cafe/Waves area.  We found it better in waves than in the Terrace Cafe.  

But, and this made a difference to friends we were traveling with that didn't upgrade the package, you can only order from a table server you are dining with. If you walk up to the little bar kiosk in Waves or order at the Waves bar and you have the house package even during lunch hours, you will be charged. 

2 hours ago, aquidneck1 said:

You can get it at any place that serves food for lunch or dinner.  Sometimes the service is a bit slow in the Terrace Cafe/Waves area.  We found it better in waves than in the Terrace Cafe.  

Thank you for explaining, it wasn't clear to me we could go to Waves and use the basic package.

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

But, and this made a difference to friends we were traveling with that didn't upgrade the package, you can only order from a table server you are dining with. If you walk up to the little bar kiosk in Waves or order at the Waves bar and you have the house package even during lunch hours, you will be charged. 

LOL--you must have been reading my mind. I was about to ask this question next! Good to know,. One of us will upgrade but not both of us.

Thanks.

FWIW I have noticed on this cruise better service in Terrace & GDR(lunch) for wine service. Although I don’t have the package I been asked in both venues right off if we need anything. I believe they have listened and added more servers. 

• Like 2