Caribbean Princess Family Suite and kid friendly improvements

We have a hold on a family suite on the Caribbean princess for April 2020. We are traveling with our 3 yr old and 9 mth old at the time of the cruise. We are interested dinner this ship because we found good pricing on a 2 bedroom family suite and understand they have added a splash pad and updated kids area. Does anyone have pictures of D105 2 bedroom family suite? And pictures of the new kids splash pad? Also interested in the updated buffet any other improvements that might be family friendly. Our oldest have cruised 3 times, 2 times on celebrity and once on Disney. Disney was great for family friendly activities but very small pool area and service was pretty bad.  We have grandparents and Greta grandparents sailing with us, both prefer princess, we cruised princess 6 times per kids, 

any other her family or kid tips very much appreciated!

There are some photos in the current Circle Magazine and in the new cruise atlas. I also googled Caribbean Princess new splash pool and saw some photos. I was on the Caribbean last month. It's a really nice splash pool with active water features. There is also a hot tub and pool adjacent to it. The area has really nice padded lounges and chairs with shade. There is a kid friendly bar. Take note that all children must be toilet trained to use any pool facility including the splash pool. No swim diapers. 

Thats interesting because princess advertises it as an all ages pool on their website. Why would you build a splash pad that couldn’t be used with swim diapers? Our 3 year old is potty trained but would be disappointed if the baby couldn’t go in the zero depth entry section of the splash pad. 

5 minutes ago, Tennant said:

Thats interesting because princess advertises it as an all ages pool on their website. Why would you build a splash pad that couldn’t be used with swim diapers? Our 3 year old is potty trained but would be disappointed if the baby couldn’t go in the zero depth entry section of the splash pad. 

5 minutes ago, Tennant said:

feces leak from swim diaper ... nice ...sorry

some have suggested bringing a plastic blow up pool ...

19 minutes ago, Tennant said:

Yep, I have two kids. I understand the potential issues. Will call Princess for confirmation. All other cruise lines that have splash areas allow swim diapers so this isn’t really an unusual thought. 

CDC rules require separate special filtration systems for the kiddie areas that permit non-toilet trained kids.   On ships where they special build the toddler areas they include this equipment.    

On Caribbean Princess they simply added the whale splash area next to the pre-existing splash pool (also not swim diaper permitting) and they did not change the filtration systems or anything else. 

I read a recent review where another cruiser said the coating on the floor of the new area is very slippery and her kids slipped and fell a few times and stopped using the area because of that, so maybe you aren't missing anything.  

Also google "Princess family suite" and a you tube video, a floor plan diagram, and various pictures come right up.  

Also:

https://www.princess.com/html/global/book/ships/cb/submeta/SX/

Google "Caribbean Princess whale": 

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2019/07/now-spraying-the-reef-family-splash-zone-onboard-caribbean-princess.html

http://www.thebocavoice.com/princess-cruises-debuts-splash-zone/

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by cruisintoddler

Hmm, that’s so disappointing since the splash pad crowd still wears diapers.  My oldest will enjoy but not being able to let the baby splash will be a disappointment. I’m hoping a good paid.r of water shoes will combat the slippery review which I also read. Seems like their aren’t a lot of reviews because it went to New England and Greenland after drydock so not a lot of families have used the facilities yet. 

I have pictures of the family suite. Although I was on the Emerald Princess. Here is a link to the cabin video slide show I put together.  You can find the family suites at 5 min 25 sec.  

note those cabin balconies are very very windy when at sea, sometimes almost impossible to use.  

Hello,  I have stayed in family suite.  Like Vickie_Burnie mentioned the balcony is windy and noisy; basically they can not be used once you leave port.  Our cabin steward had to come back and tie down the furniture; because it blew all over the balcony.  The cabin is very nice.  It is a mini suite and inside cabin.  Two full bathrooms, two separate doors to enter the cabin. Large living room; there are three tv's plus two frigs.  Since it is a family suite; everyone enjoys all the suite perks.  We loved the cabin except for the balcony.  While we were in port are getting ready to dock we could use the balcony.  The balcony is quite large.

Edited by AF-1
2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Hello,  I have stayed in family suite.  Like Vickie_Burnie mentioned the balcony is windy and noisy; basically they can not be used once you leave port.  Our cabin steward had to come back and tie down the furniture; because it blew all over the balcony.  The cabin is very nice.  It is a mini suite and inside cabin.  Two full bathrooms, two separate doors to enter the cabin. Large living room; there are three tv's plus two frigs.  Since it is a family suite; everyone enjoys all the suite perks.  We loved the cabin except for the balcony.  While we were in port are getting ready to dock we could use the balcony.  The balcony is quite large.

I agree. We have had a FS several times and the balcony was unusable underway.