Cruise Critic Community
suec12

HAL pricing machinations

So I'm looking at Explore 4 - I am not very familiar with HAL's pricing fluctuations / machinations. I can read what Explore 4 involves - well no free grats or beverages - "free" internet with verandah and nice OBC (for grats and beverages). Should I see this as enticing? I'm not going to book last minute so if this is a once or twice a year good deal, book it. But I have time to wait and see. Any advice.

Only you can decide what is a good deal for you.   I recently tacked on an Alaska cruise to my transpacific cruise and it came with Explore 4.  My PCC looked without the perks and it was only $200pp less so with $300pp OBC it was a no brainer- we took the Explore 4 perks.  Sometimes there is a significant price difference, so always good to check - but I think you have to decide for you  -what is of value and what is not.   Happy Cruising! 

54 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

Only you can decide what is a good deal for you.   I recently tacked on an Alaska cruise to my transpacific cruise and it came with Explore 4.  My PCC looked without the perks and it was only $200pp less so with $300pp OBC it was a no brainer- we took the Explore 4 perks.  Sometimes there is a significant price difference, so always good to check - but I think you have to decide for you  -what is of value and what is not.   Happy Cruising! 

Very nicely said. We can't relate to the OP's needs and desires, and whether this is a deal or not for that person.

And nobody is going to be able to predict if it will get better or not.

OP, you don't have to wait and see.

Explorer4 deal is fully refundable until final payment, so you can go ahead and book now, and if you find a better price/promo later, you can just refare.