Cruise Critic Community
rgmacm

Columbian Coffee

On our upcoming port stop in Cartagena  my husband has decided he wants to purchase some coffee.   Since neither of us like robust or dark roast coffees, it seems to me that Colombian coffee would not be the best choice for us.  That being said,  I'm pretty sure his mind is made up....    *sigh*   😉

That brings me to my questions...

• Are all the Colombian coffees as 'robust' as the ones you purchase in the grocery stores? Perhaps there are mild varieties out there....  and if so, what are they?  And can one sample them before purchasing? 
  • Our 'tentative' plan for the day in Cartagena is the fort and old city.  If there is indeed a coffee out there 'for us', is there some place in the Old City to buy it?  
Edited by rgmacm

My knowledge is pretty limited as I'm not a big coffee drinker myself, but last time I was in Cartagena the brand Juan Valdez was very popular and had stores/coffee shops all over the place. I think it might also be available in the US. They do have some milder versions, one I think is called Narino. 

https://www.juanvaldezcafestore.com/en/coffee?cup_profile=17