Deck 8 (under Lido) - should I change?

Senvy797

Deck 8

Category 8F

8206-8208-8210

Panorama Deck 

Help!

I just called and booked these rooms only to find out later that they are under the Lido deck.  And right underneath the buffet, somewhere between the Asian corner and the Deli.  

I have my older parents with me, so I think most of the time we'll be staying inside our room.  

How loud can you hear the noise? And does that bother you?  Is there noise late at night or did it disturb your sleep?  

The other option is the 7th floor -#7284 (but way in the back) near the end of the ship or #7132 (way in front of the ship).  

Which one would you choose? 

Edited by Senvy797
More info

I've had cabins under the Lido on several ships - I just got off the Breeze this past week-end and was in a balcony under the Lido.  Normally, I make sure the cabin is under the seating area in the Lido restaurant and have never had an issue with noise.  

On one cruise I was under the Lido pool area and there were a couple of times that I heard deck chairs being pushed around in the morning, but nothing very bad.

If I can't actually get a cabin on the Lido deck itself, I like to be on this floor for easy access to food and drinks.

7 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

I've had cabins under the Lido on several ships - I just got off the Breeze this past week-end and was in a balcony under the Lido.  Normally, I make sure the cabin is under the seating area in the Lido restaurant and have never had an issue with noise.  

On one cruise I was under the Lido pool area and there were a couple of times that I heard deck chairs being pushed around in the morning, but nothing very bad.

If I can't actually get a cabin on the Lido deck itself, I like to be on this floor for easy access to food and drinks.

^THIS^

This shows you exactly what's above and below 8206/8208/8210...

uc?export=download&id=1vkwokrqnAQ-2m3CTM

Obviously there will be a lot of foot traffic at meal times, probably more at lunch than dinner, but I'm guessing there's a good chance you'll be out of your cabins during those times. For the more typical times people are in their cabins and want quiet, like at night and in the morning, traffic should be less (until you hit the breakfast rush).

The other two cabins on deck 7 have cabins above and below, but 7132 is a connecting cabin. If you don't know the people in 7136, I've seen some complaints that the noise level through the connecting doors can be worse than through walls. It would depend on your neighbor.

• Like 1

People are affected by noise differently. There could also be the possibility of vacuuming and cleaning really early in the morning or at night. This might or might not affect sleep.

If anybody is affected by seasickness, I wouldn’t suggest all the way forward, so I would also choose aft.

11 hours ago, Senvy797 said:

Deck 8

Category 8F

8206-8208-8210

Panorama Deck 

Help!

I just called and booked these rooms only to find out later that they are under the Lido deck.  And right underneath the buffet, somewhere between the Asian corner and the Deli.  

I have my older parents with me, so I think most of the time we'll be staying inside our room.  

How loud can you hear the noise? And does that bother you?  Is there noise late at night or did it disturb your sleep?  

The other option is the 7th floor -#7284 (but way in the back) near the end of the ship or #7132 (way in front of the ship).  

Which one would you choose? 

I will never book underneath the lido deck EVER AGAIN! Not only was there a sliding door above our cabin that woke us up in the middle of the night, sounding like a large bowling ball rolling over our cabin, but smoke from the smoking deck leaked INTO our cabin. Horrible experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

I will never book underneath the lido deck EVER AGAIN! Not only was there a sliding door above our cabin that woke us up in the middle of the night, sounding like a large bowling ball rolling over our cabin, but smoke from the smoking deck leaked INTO our cabin. Horrible experience.

Wow, it is horrible you have such an experience during your vacation.  I hope you were still able to enjoy other aspect of it. 

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

This shows you exactly what's above and below 8206/8208/8210...

uc?export=download&id=1vkwokrqnAQ-2m3CTM

Obviously there will be a lot of foot traffic at meal times, probably more at lunch than dinner, but I'm guessing there's a good chance you'll be out of your cabins during those times. For the more typical times people are in their cabins and want quiet, like at night and in the morning, traffic should be less (until you hit the breakfast rush).

The other two cabins on deck 7 have cabins above and below, but 7132 is a connecting cabin. If you don't know the people in 7136, I've seen some complaints that the noise level through the connecting doors can be worse than through walls. It would depend on your neighbor.

Wow!  This is really helpful!  Thank you so much!  I called and took the aft room.  

Edited by Senvy797
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

People are affected by noise differently. There could also be the possibility of vacuuming and cleaning really early in the morning or at night. This might or might not affect sleep.

If anybody is affected by seasickness, I wouldn’t suggest all the way forward, so I would also choose aft.

Thank you!  I chose the aft as you said.  According to a few people, it is closer to the dining area too 😂

I was on the Breeze earlier in the year booked right below Lido (right underneath the Blue Iguana).

We had no problems with noise from above us. If anything, we heard kids running up and down the hallway more than anything else.

I've been right under the Lido but more under the seating that is outside by the Blue Iguana area.  You could hear the chairs scrape on the deck when people moved them around.  It didn't wreck my trip by any means but I could hear scrape scrape scrape from time to time.  

If you were under the portion that is indoors, there is carpet on the floor and you wouldn't get that scraping sound.  

We have often had cabins on the same floor that were AFT cabins and I could hear the scraping around 10pm when they were washing down the deck.  I love those cabins so I put up with it.  

People are all effected differently by noise.  I would take deck scraping much better than loud neighbours talking, music or TV.  

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 11:51 PM, Senvy797 said:

nhraformula00 --did you ever book there before?  How was it? 

Yes a long, long time ago. Chairs at night are dragged by the crew and stacked up before they wash down and clean the decks on a nightly basis. We always book a room with rooms below and above us. I like it quiet at night.