Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
DEL67

Immigration in Hobart

Recommended Posts

Hobart will be the first Australian port on our HAL Noordam itinerary so I assume we will need to go through some sort of immigration. 

 

Does anyone know approximately how long it will take?  We are planning a private tour so I would like to know when to tell them to pick us up.

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DEL67 said:

Hobart will be the first Australian port on our HAL Noordam itinerary so I assume we will need to go through some sort of immigration. 

 

Does anyone know approximately how long it will take?  We are planning a private tour so I would like to know when to tell them to pick us up.

 

Thank you

Unless you’re disembarking I don’t think you will have any immigrantion process as the ship does it .

HAL will require you to have a Australian visa before you embark and they do the rest.

 Just walk off but there will be a bio security dog and possibly a bag search.

Edited by Chiliburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last New Years Day we did have Immigration which was port side on arrival.     I would allow up to one hour perhaps.  We were on the Majestic Princess which had over 4000 pax plus crew, so there was a lot of people to process.   As I am in a wheelchair we had a separate line to go through.  (not that I necessarily agree with that process... )

 

It may have been different because of Christmas New Year.   In the past it has been done on board crossing the Tasman.    Port side meant the Immigration Staff were not away from their families over the holiday period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 7:50 PM, Chiliburn said:

Unless you’re disembarking I don’t think you will have any immigrantion process as the ship does it .

HAL will require you to have a Australian visa before you embark and they do the rest.

 Just walk off but there will be a bio security dog and possibly a bag search.

That leads to an interesting question.  My daughter will be disembarking that evening as she has to get back to the US for work.  We assumed she would have to leave the ship about 2 hours before her flight.  Do you have any idea how much extra time she should allot for immigration.  Note:  It will be New Years Eve which may complicate things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DEL67 said:

That leads to an interesting question.  My daughter will be disembarking that evening as she has to get back to the US for work.  We assumed she would have to leave the ship about 2 hours before her flight.  Do you have any idea how much extra time she should allot for immigration.  Note:  It will be New Years Eve which may complicate things.

Can’t help you there .

 I don’t think a immigration officer  will be waiting for your convenience.

Have you told HAL your daughter will be leaving the cruise before the end.?

Edited by Chiliburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we have an email from HAL giving her  permission to disembark in Hobart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DEL67 said:

Yes, we have an email from HAL giving her  permission to disembark in Hobart

In that case HAL will help you.

Hobart is a small port ,there will be a representative of immigration.but not as if there’s fully maned station 24/7.But I’m sure HAL will have something set in place.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...