Symphony Live, September 28th to October 5th - Now watch me Sip, Now watch me Lay Lay

A&L_Ont

36 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Well now I know, I kind of knew it had to be a rare car but to guess it was a Ford, never!  It is very nice, now I will read up on it.  

You should see the 3rd version of this car.  Definitely not what you would expect of a big three manufacturer.  As for your hubby he should hone his skills, as he will need to keep himself occupied in retirement. Early congrats to him. 

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love that Ford GT. I used to dream about getting sone when I was younger and saw one for sale in my "Road and Track ." I grew up with my dad having a Porsche 911T Targa. He was a member of the Porsche club of America and we entered our car in several Concours d' Elegance. I remember cleaning the wheels with toothbrushes. It was a lot of work. Looking forward to following along. I'm interested in knowing what you think of Symphony. Cheers and have a great cruise.

Greg

Greg, you totally get it. Dawn patrol on show day exhausting and fun at the same time.  I bet you have great memories from the old days. As I have said many times, I love to cruise in cars and on ships. As for Porsche, let’s just say I’m familiar with the 964 Air Cooled Turbo. German engineering is amazing. Hopefully you will enjoy our adventures on Symphony.  

Followed your last live (extended) blog from Harmony and enjoyed it thoroughly. This time, I’ll be traveling along with you on Symphony. My wife, me, and our almost two year old daughter will be onboard in our first Crown Loft Suite! Safe travels to you and your wife. Hope to see you onboard! 

17 minutes ago, FirstAnthem said:

We fly Saturday and cruise out of San Juan on Freedom on Sunday. Our first cruise without the kids! Have a fun week! 

Enjoy it.  It’s not the same.... maybe better. 😉

Just now, uncwmark said:

Followed your last live (extended) blog from Harmony and enjoyed it thoroughly. This time, I’ll be traveling along with you on Symphony. My wife, me, and our almost two year old daughter will be onboard in our first Crown Loft Suite! Safe travels to you and your wife. Hope to see you onboard! 

Safe travels. You just might see us on board, we could be neighbours.  

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

You should see the 3rd version of this car.  Definitely not what you would expect of a big three manufacturer.  As for your hubby he should hone his skills, as he will need to keep himself occupied in retirement. Early congrats to him. 

Greg, you totally get it. Dawn patrol on show day exhausting and fun at the same time.  I bet you have great memories from the old days. As I have said many times, I love to cruise in cars and on ships. As for Porsche, let’s just say I’m familiar with the 964 Air Cooled Turbo. German engineering is amazing. Hopefully you will enjoy our adventures on Symphony.  

My uncle had Porsche's his whole life including a 1956 356 Speedster that he restored. My father made we wait till I was 17 before I could drive his 911T. Wow what a car and the torque. I remember 2nd gear the rpm matched the speed so you could go 60mph at 6,ooo rpm. Not bad for a five speed. I was very careful driving that car but one night on a open highway I got it humming at 127mph and it felt like I was going 55mph it was so smooth.

Congrats on Owen making the team! I know he will have a great year. I'm ready for Harmony on October 13th and I will probably not do a live review but will do a very in depth when I get back including a bunch of photos from my new iPhone 11 Pro Max that I just got today. Cheers!

Greg

So that’s a wrap for tonight.  We leave early tomorrow for Detroit so see you tomorrow am. The Storm Trooper is mainly loaded and the alarm is set for 6:15am.  Wheels roll at 7am, with the first stop at Timmies.

See you all in the morning. 

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

My uncle had Porsche's his whole life including a 1956 356 Speedster that he restored. My father made we wait till I was 17 before I could drive his 911T. Wow what a car and the torque. I remember 2nd gear the rpm matched the speed so you could go 60mph at 6,ooo rpm. Not bad for a five speed. I was very careful driving that car but one night on a open highway I got it humming at 127mph and it felt like I was going 55mph it was so smooth.

Jelly about the new iPhone. Can’t wait to see pics from it, and the quality of them. As for the smoothness, you nailed it. 60 in second and little turbo lag.  Nothing beats the sounds of that engine. 

• Like 1

Andrew, looking forward to your next cruise. Guess you and Lisa just needed to unpack, do laundry and repack??  Congrats to Owen. Looks like he will have a busy year-a good thing. So safe travels and may your cold disappear and hopefully not shared with Lisa.😊

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

It has been 5 months since we were on Symphony, so I’m totally ready to get back on board -  albeit virtually - and cruise along with you and Lisa on that beautiful ship! We were on the eastern route, so now I’ll get to see the western route. 😀

You’ve been really busy since you got home from your extended Harmony cruise - as if you needed me to tell you that! Congrats to Owen on all of his accomplishments! He may have gotten a late start on the school year, but he’s off to a great start! Lucy is as cute as ever. 😻 Hope she doesn’t wander too far from home while you’re gone, but it does seem like she’s got the neighborhood under control. Andrew, that’s one awesome car  you’ve got there! Congrats on a great showing! Hope you get over your cold quickly. I think Lisa has the toughest job of all though, that being keeping you, Owen and Lucy organized and under control! 

Hope you have a good flight down here to Florida. I can’t wait to “get back on Symphony” with you!  🛳

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

So that’s a wrap for tonight.  We leave early tomorrow for Detroit so see you tomorrow am. The Storm Trooper is mainly loaded and the alarm is set for 6:15am.  Wheels roll at 7am, with the first stop at Timmies.

See you all in the morning. 

Travel safe. Will follow this week as well. We leave for Harmony, your extended home the other week Looks like the past weeks at home have been hectic. Snow from the rink out back by the ball Diamond is soooo Canadian. I have that going on with my building, down the road from you.  Have a great trip!

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ola beaches. I’m Bach, with two Mexican ports while sailing on Symphony.... see what I did there? LOL

With almost a 3 week hiatus after our Hurricane Dorian extended sailing, Lisa and I are back.  We fly Friday and cruise Saturday.  More cruise details tomorrow.

I am excited to follow along with another one of your adventurous cruises.  Even better we will be boarding when you get off next week!  Enjoy yourself and take care of the ship for me!!! 

• Like 1

I was on the Symphony January 2019, 2 senior ladies and will be again August 2020 with a 10 yr old granddaughter of my cabin mate.

I am interested to hear about the laser tag.  Do you have to book pre cruise or while on board?  If, you have to book while onboard, where?  Can a 10 yr old go by herself or if an adult has to accompany her?

Looking forward to your review?

11 hours ago, Glide_Path said:

billboard-ad-for-the-new-shelby-gt350r-says-your-car-is-more-important-than-your-kids-98413_1.jpg

I’m very familiar with this car.😉  Love the motto on the billboard. 

10 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

So safe travels and may your cold disappear and hopefully not shared with Lisa.😊

I tried to, but she quoted Hall and Oats with a  “I can’t go for that, no can do”.

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Check out Bring a Trailer, Greg. https://bringatrailer.com/  You can find a new car to restore. :classic_biggrin:

I hope you feel better soon Andrew. As always, we look forward to your fun trip reports. :classic_biggrin:

Amazingly I’m feeling a bit better today. As for a trailer, I’ve dragged a few orphans home over the years.  Nice find by the way. 

6 hours ago, perfect match said:

Lucy is as cute as ever. 😻 Hope she doesn’t wander too far from home while you’re gone, but it does seem like she’s got the neighborhood under control.

I think Lisa has the toughest job of all though, that being keeping you, Owen and Lucy organized and under control! 

Hope you have a good flight down here to Florida. I can’t wait to “get back on Symphony” with you!  🛳

Thanks for tagging along, with us again. You are 100% right, Lisa has the toughest job keeping us organized and me in line. As for Lucy, she was either on Dawn Patrol on Deuce Patrol this morning. 

F3D57149-9143-439F-B0B3-CC10789D6C20.thumb.jpeg.6fd4ecc05657ce262bd2b595b763e2f3.jpeg

6 hours ago, TPCRUISER2 said:

Wow! Another Andrew thread so soon! Will be following. You are one busy family! Yet, always finding the time for everyone and everything! Enjoy yourselves!

We will, and thank you.

3 hours ago, TheCount said:

Travel safe. Will follow this week as well. We leave for Harmony, your extended home the other week Looks like the past weeks at home have been hectic. Snow from the rink out back by the ball Diamond is soooo Canadian. I have that going on with my building, down the road from you.  Have a great trip!

Count, we will and thanks. Enjoy Harmony. 

2 hours ago, vision14k said:

We are in the Symphony with you! One more day!

Say no more my fellow cruiser. 

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

On your way out the door, raise a cuppa Tim Horton's for Guy La Fleur:classic_sad: Same age and knock on wood, my ticker is still good.  Wishing him the best in recovery.

Always loved his spin-o-Rama. 

37 minutes ago, HotRod3 said:

I am excited to follow along with another one of your adventurous cruises.  Even better we will be boarding when you get off next week!  Enjoy yourself and take care of the ship for me!!! 

HotRod, I’ll have her washed and coated for your arrival. 

36 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Which ones do you use? I've tried a couple of things with little success.

Looking forward to the review!

I’ll take a photo of the bottle. It’s an herbal, possibly Jameson brand.

• Like 1