I Was Able Opted Out of Medallion

cruzsnooze

I miss getting the card.  I like to see the count as to how many cruises I've completed but I can always look it up in the Cruise Personalizer.  We've done one Medallion cruise and have 3 more in the next 9 months.  DH only uses his to get in the cabin door but maybe this time, I'll try some of the other features.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pink845 said:

Can someone clarify the information mentioned above in one of the posts " ,...... I really felt it was an invasion of one's privacy to see everyone's picture on the big screen at the elevators. If there were five people waiting all their pictures popped up. No personal info popped up but why do you need your picture popping up every time you're near one of these boards. They are every where. "    Pictures of us popping up at the elevator ... what happens if we opt out of this medallion and do not carry it with us.  Will our face photo then not pop up.  I am looking forward to my Sky Princess cruise to see how this all works.

Yep, it’s true.   Our pics were popping up on those  huge screens on every floor, albeit , a tiny almost microscopic sized pic.  That did not happen on our cruise In April because it wasn’t t fully Medallion, but on the Royal this was certainly occurring and the images lingered for a short while,  I noticed 

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, pink845 said:

Can someone clarify the information mentioned above in one of the posts " ,...... I really felt it was an invasion of one's privacy to see everyone's picture on the big screen at the elevators. If there were five people waiting all their pictures popped up.

I am not sure how that is an invasion of privacy since you actually see all those people in the flesh.

However, I do not see what use it is to display pictures of people that are in the immediate area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

I am not sure how that is an invasion of privacy since you actually see all those people in the flesh.

However, I do not see what use it is to display pictures of people that are in the immediate area.

Just a quick question. Does your photo only appear on the big screens (in the top corner) when you tag your Medallion on a reader or does the photo appear when you are in the vicinity. On my recent Medallion cruise I noticed it when I had used the big screens but didn't notice it when I just walked past, not that I looked for it. Can't see what the fuss is about, myself.