Disembarking from Port Canaveral

Luvcruisin76

What time can I reasonably expect to be off the ship? I haven't been able to get a FTTF pass so far but we will self walk off as soon as allowed. We are wanting to go to SeaWorld the day we get off the ship and will still have to rent a car so trying to figure it all out. Last few cruises have been out of Galveston and it seems like it takes forever to get off!

8 minutes ago, Luvcruisin76 said:

What time can I reasonably expect to be off the ship? I haven't been able to get a FTTF pass so far but we will self walk off as soon as allowed. We are wanting to go to SeaWorld the day we get off the ship and will still have to rent a car so trying to figure it all out. Last few cruises have been out of Galveston and it seems like it takes forever to get off!

Self-assist (bring your own luggage off) is the quickest way to get off of the ship. The time for debarkation to begin is dependent on when the ship gets cleared.  I don't believe FTTF allows you to get off of the ship any earlier, only get on the ship earlier. Obviously it depends on what time the ship arrives in Port and if it is a large ship (Breeze) or smaller (Elation or Liberty).

4 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

Self-assist (bring your own luggage off) is the quickest way to get off of the ship. The time for debarkation to begin is dependent on when the ship gets cleared.  I don't believe FTTF allows you to get off of the ship any earlier, only get on the ship earlier. Obviously it depends on what time the ship arrives in Port and if it is a large ship (Breeze) or smaller (Elation or Liberty).

FTTF provides priority debarkation too. 

2 minutes ago, Luvcruisin76 said:

We just got off a week ago.  We had disembarked, cleared customs, shuttled back to our hotel and were in our car headed home at 9AM.

20 hours ago, Luvcruisin76 said:

To speed things up, make sure you reserve a car rental ahead of time.  Once off the ship, as soon as you can, head to the parking lot where the shuttle buses for the rental companies are.  They fill up fast.  Most of the rental companies will let you pick up the vehicle in PC and turn it back in at the airport without charging extra.  If you top off the tank before you take the vehicle back, make sure you do it before you get close to the airport.  Gas prices by the airport are outrageous.