FLL residents, Thanksgiving Day restaurants?

cangelmd

We are leaving from Port Everglades the day after Thanksgiving, flying in the afternoon before.

Any ideas about restaurants that will be open the evening of Thanksgiving?

I've seen a number of online articles listing restaurants in past years that are open T'giving - I'm using that as a starting point, and will check for 2019 specific articles in a few weeks. But most of those are offering Thanksgiving dinners, and I don't think that's what we are looking for... ideas

We get off a 10 night cruise the day before T'giving and have decided to stay in Ft Lauderdale a few extra days. We are staying post-cruise at the Hyatt off 17th and have been looking for a place to have dinner - not necessarily the traditional turkey meal. I told DH worse case, we stop at Publix on Wednesday, look for some ready made meals and eat in our hotel room....washed down with a bottle of wine.  I did check last year's open restaurants, some did offer regular meals......guess I'll have to check closer to November. At least we'll have a rental car if we need to travel outside the immediate area.

Darcy

Honestly the restaurants that are open are going to be serving Thanksgiving dinner.

Many restaurants on Las Olas are closed on Thanksgiving.

Hotel restaurants will be open, S3, Steak 954, Burlock Coast.

Yolo

Boatyard

Lobster Bar

Chima

DocBs

El Camino

Take a look on Open Table and try and book from there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 4:48 PM, WatchHill said:

We get off a 10 night cruise the day before T'giving and have decided to stay in Ft Lauderdale a few extra days. We are staying post-cruise at the Hyatt off 17th and have been looking for a place to have dinner - not necessarily the traditional turkey meal. I told DH worse case, we stop at Publix on Wednesday, look for some ready made meals and eat in our hotel room....washed down with a bottle of wine.  I did check last year's open restaurants, some did offer regular meals......guess I'll have to check closer to November. At least we'll have a rental car if we need to travel outside the immediate area.

Darcy

Publix is going to be closed on T'giving, by the by, we called and asked.

There are very few restaurants open on Thanksgiving, even in the midst of a tourist area - I actually think it is a good thing that people are off to be with their families, we chose to be gone for this cruise, they don't get to pick. But, it is hard for us, we have a 5 hour drive to the airport, then our flight is about 3:30 pm.

TY RN Cheryl, I will look up those 2 places, we really don't want to have Thanksgiving dinner, so it is hard. We are staying at Embassy Suites, we are going to call them and the Hilton to see if either are open as our last resort.

I understand that Lulu's on the beach may be open, some people on our roll call are headed there - we wanted to stick close to 17th street, because of it being a long day for us, but that may not work out.

Edited by cangelmd

On 9/27/2019 at 10:31 PM, BlueHerons said:

Honestly the restaurants that are open are going to be serving Thanksgiving dinner.

Many restaurants on Las Olas are closed on Thanksgiving.

Hotel restaurants will be open, S3, Steak 954, Burlock Coast.

Yolo

Boatyard

Lobster Bar

Chima

DocBs

El Camino

Take a look on Open Table and try and book from there.

Thanks, El Camino may be a winner - the Bpatyard, Yolo and DocBs are closed. I think Chima was open, but I can't do a Brazilian steakhouse the day before a cruise!

2 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Publix is going to be closed on T'giving, by the by, we called and asked.

There are very few restaurants open on Thanksgiving, even in the midst of a tourist area - I actually think it is a good thing that people are off to be with their families, we chose to be gone for this cruise, they don't get to pick. But, it is hard for us, we have a 5 hour drive to the airport, then our flight is about 3:30 pm.

TY RN Cheryl, I will look up those 2 places, we really don't want to have Thanksgiving dinner, so it is hard. We are staying at Embassy Suites, we are going to call them and the Hilton to see if either are open as our last resort.

I understand that Lulu's on the beach may be open, some people on our roll call are headed there - we wanted to stick close to 17th street, because of it being a long day for us, but that may not work out.

In necessary, we will stop by Pubix on Wednesday to pick up a few things, I knew it was closed on Thursday TG Day.

So far all set with dinner reservation - Open Table had a few places that were not turkey dinners. 

Darcy