Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Gettys84

Currently on the Sunshine

Recommended Posts

We are back again for another 7 day cruise. My wife and I did our first live review in April while we were on the Carnival Horizon. We had a lot of fun with it so we figured why not do it again while we head to Bermuda and Princess Cay. Two new stops for us and we so ready for a vacation after a busy summer with our jobs. Follow along and please bring on the questions for us. We loved helping people while we were on the Horizon!  We are leaving from Charleston so it’s a nice 2 hour drive for us in the morning....don’t tell anyone but not even packing until the morning before we leave!  We dropped off our pups at the pet hotel tonight so that was enough packing for one evening. Will keep your guys updated in the morning on our way to the port!   A link below for the Horizon review if anyone missed it! 
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gettys84 said:

We are back again for another 7 day cruise. My wife and I did our first live review in April while we were on the Carnival Horizon. We had a lot of fun with it so we figured why not do it again while we head to Bermuda and Princess Cay. Two new stops for us and we so ready for a vacation after a busy summer with our jobs. Follow along and please bring on the questions for us. We loved helping people while we were on the Horizon!  We are leaving from Charleston so it’s a nice 2 hour drive for us in the morning....don’t tell anyone but not even packing until the morning before we leave!  We dropped off our pups at the pet hotel tonight so that was enough packing for one evening. Will keep your guys updated in the morning on our way to the port!   A link below for the Horizon review if anyone missed it! 
 

 

 

I really look forward to reading your review. Happy sailing and fair winds and following seas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We parked the car and walked over to one of the warehouses you used to park in Charleston. They turned it into a two step process at this terminal bc the terminal is small here. We pulled into the parking lot at 10:30 and sitting in the waiting area at 10:45!  We will be called to get on a shuttle to head over to the ship next. Have not gone though security yet.  They are boarding diamonds, platinums and faster to the fun now! 

16633359-85FE-4448-A384-3F52E9F7CB6E.jpeg

DB3341EF-6174-4300-894F-782237A819C6.jpeg

8DD28CE5-2828-40C3-BCD1-F3A0F8265B95.jpeg

8D797C6C-CB36-4CBD-9DA5-ADD1B82BCEB7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We walked onto the ship at 11:20!  Easy boarding. We walked up to the 5th floor and decided to check out Red Frog Pub. We were the first ones there and discovered the first customers get a free beer! The bar tender took our picture and put it up on the TVs around the bar!  Very cool!  

3F3AFE89-F213-419A-82CF-14D83E518E3E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First pizza line check on the sunshine!  People loved these on the Horizon review. 
 

12:25pm 

45A4B8EB-EDFC-4BA9-822D-7AA8717E3881.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They cakes are good but they do look a little better than they taste. Still better than the old desserts! 

36915559-64DB-4A88-9D70-0485875E2BFF.jpeg

A4C6F99A-65F1-45CC-8C27-B9B125FEC6C6.jpeg

C0B31D39-1CD4-48D1-8D8D-614A9B284FD3.jpeg

E5F8D368-4AEB-41C4-A055-038E54631743.jpeg

99B84036-8D8F-4646-ACA7-5635BBE7DDFD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of pictures from deck 10 of Charleston.  First impressing of the Sunrise is that we really like it. No more crowded than a normal embarkation day! 

E7E928F8-093E-400F-B261-405974CD780C.jpeg

96BC0BC1-6019-4DBE-A8B2-8D0B7319353C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made it into our room. Deck 9 port side. First time ever staying port side. Also already have our luggage. Fastest that has ever happened. 

5D0AAD71-4087-4FA8-B77B-DF2D0BC366AF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gettys84 How was the new cake? Is it worth the carbs? I've been carb free eating for the past 7 months and my next cruise is in about three weeks on the Sunshine. Enjoy yourselves !

🙂 

Edited by gatime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gatime said:

Gettys84 How was the new cake? Is it worth the carbs? I've been carb free eating for the past 7 months and my next cruise is in about three weeks on the Sunshine. Enjoy yourselves !

🙂 

I definitely wouldn’t waste the carbs on it. My wife agrees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for muster drill.  My phone autocorrected sunshine to sunrise in a post above. We are on the Sunshine. Can’t figure out how to edit the post!  Will be back later with some updates. Love this ship so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could you check to see if you could leave a message on your cabin phone ,if you call from one of the deck phones . Also can you enter a code to retrieve the message on your cabin phone from another location other than your cabin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for muster drill.  My phone autocorrected sunshine to sunrise in a post above. We are on the Sunshine. Can’t figure out how to edit the post!  Will be back later with some updates. Love this ship so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muster over. Had to go outside on deck 4. Took about 15 minutes. Not bad at all. Headed back to the room to watch us leave Charleston from our balcony! 

B3C4A676-23A5-4505-BFC5-04881F6DDA53.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

View from our balcony. First time on port side for us. Sail away is at 4pm. They do not start the sail away party until 4:45. I am guessing that is so the sound does not disturb the expensive houses around the port. 😕

3A7D6DA2-EF5F-4F80-9A4E-07A4629561F7.jpeg

5488EE43-040E-4F97-BA27-F1FF548BABA7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

We parked the car and walked over to one of the warehouses you used to park in Charleston. They turned it into a two step process at this terminal bc the terminal is small here. We pulled into the parking lot at 10:30 and sitting in the waiting area at 10:45!  We will be called to get on a shuttle to head over to the ship next. Have not gone though security yet.  They are boarding diamonds, platinums and faster to the fun now! 

16633359-85FE-4448-A384-3F52E9F7CB6E.jpeg

DB3341EF-6174-4300-894F-782237A819C6.jpeg

8DD28CE5-2828-40C3-BCD1-F3A0F8265B95.jpeg

8D797C6C-CB36-4CBD-9DA5-ADD1B82BCEB7.jpeg

Why does every picture I see of people on embarkation always looked pissed off or bored LOL.  You’re going on a cruise people, 😃 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have left and are on our way to Bermuda. Thank goodness no hurricane! Was cool watching all the boats pass us while leaving. 

6C1E8372-B126-4CDC-9584-8790C8A5C5E0.jpeg

9D5097C1-3B46-440F-B87A-2C8A694E3F49.jpeg

165A6757-94F3-4E64-A912-E3F06C74AD9E.jpeg

0491D2DB-72AC-4475-91B7-4788DD2159F4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did online check in for dinner for a table for 6. Was very easy. Glad we used the app. We walked through deck 5 and passed the line for dinner check in.  The dining room on the Sunshine is deck 3! 
 

We walked up to the hostess and she guided us back and we got a nice table by the window! 

CFC887B9-647F-424C-AA60-D94B2A2A1880.jpeg

FE8D031D-706D-4A68-8F9C-BDFB8E418F53.jpeg

0FD7223A-B4A8-4F5E-ABF5-15CB8EE1DC2E.jpeg

D5D1750F-BCCD-46DC-B3DC-E46460AE4F72.jpeg

DCE9A987-DCE7-4ADE-9B5D-220E169D7221.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Menu for tonight! Anytime Dining starts at 5:15 now which is awesome for us. We like to eat early. My wife didn’t see anything that she wanted to try on the menu so she asked for a kids menu!  One of the many reasons I love her. She got the chicken nuggets, French fries, Mac and cheese no bacon, and brownies! 

8ACD16B0-A5C7-479C-8E4F-4C09F1247074.png

3E16F24E-B11D-4366-B781-929D2EDD30E5.png

82B6F8DC-CADF-4CA2-B5FE-B755E06C7F45.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...