Cruise Critic Community
diesel1973

Electric plugs

Will be going to Thailand and wondering if I need a special adaptor for charging my phone. If so, will the hotels have them available or do I need to bring my own? TIA

Wow!Didn't realize there were that many types. I have a kit I purchased years ago and will check If it includes the one specified. Thank you very much.

YMMV of course but of the range hotels I've stayed at in Thailand (primarily budget places like Holiday Inn Express, Ibis, etc and boutique hotels), the outlets are configured with holes to take both two vertical prongs (typical North American) and two circular prongs (typical Europe).  So I don't have problems charging my phone.  Where I've occasionally had problems and needing to use an adapter is for my power bar which has a third circular grounding prong as some outlets didn't have the third outlet hole.

When I went this year, my hotel had American -style outlets, so assuming that you stay at a nice enough place, you should be good.