Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
2flacruisers

Curacao Distillary

Recommended Posts

Are there any tours to go to the Distillery in Curacao?  Anyone done one before?  Looking for something that is not an excursion from the ship...look forward to your answers!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a Curacao liqueur distillery, but it is a short tour- so best to combine tours.

We went to the museum, to the distillery, and to Jan Kock on our tour.  Quite a bit

of the island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used a van tour we bought tickets for right in town on our first time in Curacao. It covered a bit of the island and the city, and made a stop at the Curacao "factory." There wasn't really much of a tour there. Instead, there were displays and a tasting room and store where you could buy bottles of the liqueur. This was almost 10 years ago, so I don't have a name for the company, but I'm sure there is information to be found on the website that is a good trip advisor, generally, about tours available in Curacao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

Are there any tours to go to the Distillery in Curacao?  Anyone done one before?  Looking for something that is not an excursion from the ship...look forward to your answers!

 

 

There are tours right as you cross over the Queen Emma floating bridge that are much cheaper than those at the port. 

Casper Tours stands at/near the info booth and does a short city tour/stop at the original distillery,  bus tour of Jan Thiel area and a (1 or 2 hour stop) at Mambo beach. 

Currently it's $15 per person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used Ben’s tours which included the Curaçao distillery.  It was $20pp.  We had originally booked a private snorkel excursion but the morning was down right ugly so it was cancelled.  Cleared up in an hour and Ben’s tours was at the port with other smaller bus type vehicles.  We enjoyed the tour.  This was 2 years ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 2:29 PM, bup1224 said:

There are tours right as you cross over the Queen Emma floating bridge that are much cheaper than those at the port. 

Casper Tours stands at/near the info booth and does a short city tour/stop at the original distillery,  bus tour of Jan Thiel area and a (1 or 2 hour stop) at Mambo beach. 

Currently it's $15 per person

Thanks for the heads up.  this is our 1st time in Curacao so I am not familiar *yet* with the layout at the port.  Are you saying that casper tours is after you cross over the floating bridge?  Or is it at the port?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, irisheileen said:

Thanks for the heads up.  this is our 1st time in Curacao so I am not familiar *yet* with the layout at the port.  Are you saying that casper tours is after you cross over the floating bridge?  Or is it at the port?

After you cross the floating bridge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bup1224 said:

After you cross the floating bridge 

Thanks, I googled the floating bridge- it looks so cool!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, irisheileen said:

Thanks, I googled the floating bridge- it looks so cool!

 

It is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...